Mass shooting in Las Vegas - Page 3
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 582
  1. #27
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,606

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Some initial reports that he used an actual automatic weapon - not Matt Lauer's idea of one - which would mean something highly illegal or something that requires a lot of money and deep background checks.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,127

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    A coworker told me the female they are seeking as his accomplice was a hotel employee. Some are saying she may have smuggled the guns in but as others have said it might not have been necessary.
    They found her and have announced she's no longer a person of interest.

  4. #29
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,127

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I hear it’s up to 200 injured now, so yeah, it looks like you are right.
    They just revised estimates to over 400 injured now.

    Police also said the shooter was dead when they entered his hotel room, an apparent suicide.

  5. #30

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    My stream of consciousness reactions to this:

    I'll never understand this type of thing. Why a person would do such a thing is just beyond my ability to comprehend.

    We need mental health care in this country. You'll never convince me the people who commit these atrocities are 'sane'.

    If it was an automatic weapon (it sounded like it in the video I saw on CNN), then this guy was likely a serious gun collector. Those are difficult (months of background checks by the ATF) and expensive (>$20k) to get.

    *sigh*
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

  6. #31
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    20,705

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    If this turns out to be politically motivated, I will once again raise issue with the way the media stirs the pot. Sorry if I am premature with my comments.

    No disrespect intended. We'll know more soon, I'm sure...

  7. #32
    BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    517

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    My stream of consciousness reactions to this:

    I'll never understand this type of thing. Why a person would do such a thing is just beyond my ability to comprehend.

    We need mental health care in this country. You'll never convince me the people who commit these atrocities are 'sane'.

    If it was an automatic weapon (it sounded like it in the video I saw on CNN), then this guy was likely a serious gun collector. Those are difficult (months of background checks by the ATF) and expensive (>$20k) to get.

    *sigh*
    When I watched the video I thought the same. I also thought that it sounded more like a belt fed or drum mag. Too many successive shots to be a standard 30 round mag. The time between shots also made me think that it was belt fed since it took more time to resume than you would expect for a simple mag change.

  8. #33
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Shiner, TX
    Posts
    23,292

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    If this turns out to be politically motivated, I will once again raise issue with the way the media stirs the pot. Sorry if I am premature with my comments.

    No disrespect intended. We'll know more soon, I'm sure...
    I guess I just don't see a "Trump" supporter shooting up a country & western concert where what I would assume demographically would be filled with Trump supporters. I could be wrong and have been many times before. I think the guy was a nut, but then again, anyone who kills as many as he did is a nut, regardless of political affiliation.

  9. #34
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,127

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    anyone who kills as many as he did is a nut, regardless of political affiliation.
    Amen.

  10. #35
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,547

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Efficiency is a cold word for this but the number of killed as well as the number wounded for one shooter at a distance are staggering.

    My wife told me about the shooting when we got up this morning and I had no idea who Jason Aldean (performer at time of shooting) was...

  11. #36
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    It's either fully automatic from the factory or has been tampered with to be made fully automatic. I'd lean towards tampering but hearing some more about the guy he may have had the resources to go through the process of legally acquiring a fully automatic weapon. Those were large mags he was cycling through and the rate of fire is pretty slow so the weapon was likely larger than an SMG...something like an AKM or thereabouts is possible. I think ALL Americans, pro-gun or anti are going to be shocked at what they guy was packing.

    I'll be real, I know some good ol' boys who have modified their AK's to go full auto out on their farm - so that's why I lean that direction first - would be easier and cheaper to modify a gun to do that rather than acquire one legally, but who knows.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

  12. #37
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Efficiency is a cold word for this but the number of killed as well as the number wounded for one shooter at a distance are staggering.

    My wife told me about the shooting when we got up this morning and I had no idea who Jason Aldean (performer at time of shooting) was...
    Sounds like you've lived a pretty good life.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

  13. #38
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    936

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I guess I just don't see a "Trump" supporter shooting up a country & western concert where what I would assume demographically would be filled with Trump supporters. I could be wrong and have been many times before. I think the guy was a nut, but then again, anyone who kills as many as he did is a nut, regardless of political affiliation.
    Those claiming political motivation (I think) suspect he is a Bernie Bro or something similiar ...

  14. #39
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    20,692

    Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    If this turns out to be politically motivated, I will once again raise issue with the way the media stirs the pot. Sorry if I am premature with my comments.

    No disrespect intended. We'll know more soon, I'm sure...
    He could easily be from either fringe of the political spectrum. His age also puts him on the cusp of Vietnam. Anything at this time is pure speculation.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar