Mass shooting in Las Vegas - Page 4
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    He could easily be from either fringe of the political spectrum. His age also puts him on the cusp of Vietnam. Anything at this time is pure speculation.
    Yes but the reports are he is NOT a military vet so that rules that out unless they're wrong.

I seriously doubt any political motivation is the root source here. I think it's probably a mentally ill guy.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I think it's probably a mentally ill guy.
    Regardless of his motivation, dude was crazy. No sane person does this sort of thing.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Yes but the reports are he is NOT a military vet so that rules that out unless they're wrong.

I seriously doubt any political motivation is the root source here. I think it's probably a mentally ill guy.
    Thats pretty much a given.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    They just revised estimates to over 400 injured now.

Police also said the shooter was dead when they entered his hotel room, an apparent suicide.
    Good grief man. That's just sad. It seems like the man went to war at this point.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

USAToday has an article that goes something like "Celebs React to Las Vegas Shooting" and it really irritated me and has soured my mood. I don't give a flying flip what Lady Gaga or Usher tweeted out. I want to hear from our leaders and law enforcement - I don't take my cues from social trash on how I should respond to these kinds of situations and printing their dumb-butt tweets frames it like they are the band leaders of grief. It just struck me like in a time of grief we don't know what else to do than to look to our pop-stars and celebs to tell us how we should feel and how we should be reacting. Too much credit is given to them. I don't know - it just really irritated me somehow. Back on topic.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I read that the family of the shooter is shocked by his actions. I find this extremely difficult to believe. Something like this, they had to know something was off. No one just wakes up one day and decides to do this.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    USAToday has an article
    Should've been your first warning.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I read that the family of the shooter is shocked by his actions. I find this extremely difficult to believe. Something like this, they had to know something was off. No one just wakes up one day and decides to do this.
    seems like with a large number of these instances, the family has a "but he was a good boy and wasn't capable of this" moment
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

No religion, no vet, why target a country music concert.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Reports are that he had been at the hotel for 3 days. He had set up 2 platforms in the room to have a better vantage point to fire down from. Whatever the "reason", it seems he planned this and certainly was not an impulse thing.

I'm not a gun expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if multiple weapons were used based on the sounds I'm hearing.

The amount of human suffering here is shocking. I fear the number dead will rise.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    seems like with a large number of these instances, the family has a "but he was a good boy and wasn't capable of this" moment
    Not to deflect, but that was same BS we heard with Michael Brown in the Ferguson police shooting. But as the old saying goes "denial is not a river in Egypt."

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles16 View Post
    Reports are that he had been at the hotel for 3 days. He had set up 2 platforms in the room to have a better vantage point to fire down from. Whatever the "reason", it seems he planned this and certainly was not an impulse thing.

I'm not a gun expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if multiple weapons were used based on the sounds I'm hearing.

The amount of human suffering here is shocking. I fear the number dead will rise.
    The reports I have read stated that there were as many as 8 firearms recovered from the scene.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you have deep secrets that you don't share with everyone it's not that hard to understand how a family wouldn't know that something like this is possible. In some cases it would be easy to know that something is off as in cases such as one of my wife's family members, and in others you would never know until it was too late.

I have had personal experience with a close friend of the family being fun and jovial the majority of the time to the outside world right up until he did a murder/suicide involving his kids.