Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
a couple of things

this is Vegas, even if the bellman saw guns he likely wouldn't care. There are shooting ranges all over the strip that let you fire anything you want. Rent a 50 Cal? Sure why not $2 a round. Bring your own guns? It's vegas, no one cares

I've stayed at the Mandalay and Delano so many times I can't even recall how many. Fact I was just there 2-3 weeks ago and they don't check bags. What hotel does? Only time I've ever even seen a warning about guns was recently in Texas there was a sign about open carry in a Hilton I have a meeting in that surprised me, figured it was a TX thing.

Guy was clearly nuts and his family may have had no idea or at minimum even if concerned hoped that there would be no issues. I've seen it from a different perspective in my wife's family. No one knew the charming bastard that married in would turn out to be a rapist pedophile. We all liked him. Super charming, good with everyone, kids liked him. Wasn't till just before he got caught that he got my radar up with his behavior towards one of my favorite nieces. Fortunately he never had a chance to get his hands on her. Couple other little girls I am aware of weren't so lucky. He doesn't have a shot a parole till 2026 and we all intend to be at that hearing. His parents and one of his sisters still firmly believe he was framed even after his sisters best friend came out and said he did the same to her when he was in college and she in Jr high. You never know how sick seemingly normal people can be and how strong denial can be for those around them. Keep your radar up and if it feels weird there is likely a good reason that it does

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Was barricaded in a restaurant for 2 hours. People stampeding through the hotel. Crazy. Then there was a "bomb threat". Had to evacuate outside. Walked 1.5 mi to another hotel. Still trying to get back to our stuff.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Was barricaded in a restaurant for 2 hours. People stampeding through the hotel. Crazy. Then there was a "bomb threat". Had to evacuate outside. Walked 1.5 mi to another hotel. Still trying to get back to our stuff.
Wow, stay safe can't imagine going through all of that

There is legal weed in Vegas now, just saying might be time for an Uber out to a dispensary to calm the nerves

either way I'd be on a flight home as soon as you can get your gear

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Definitely sounds like at least one weapon was hand cranked.
This was my first thought as well. The rate of fire is too fast for single trigger pulls, and too variable for full auto, bump stock, or similar modifications. It sounds exactly like a hand crank, which is not restricted like real fully automatic weapons.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
WTH?

No normally functioning factory full auto weapon sounds like that. Has to be tampering or there is something wrong with the gun. Bump firing doesn't sound like that either.
I've already said that my bumped AR fires faster than that. It was a full auto and, like CA says, almost has a Gatling sound to it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
His brother was interviewed outside his residence. He said that he was totally blown away - no violent behavior by his brother; didn't know he even had an auto weapon. It's enough to make one wonder about the brain tumor factor - like Whitman, the Texas Tower shooter...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Hope you get back to your stuff soon and glad you're ok.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here's a Youtube of a girl firing an AR-15 with a bump stock. Skip over to 2 minutes for the actual firing. Notice the rapidity I mentioned with the bump as opposed to what was on the video, which I agree indicates hand-cranked...

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.