Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Prayers for all the victims and their families. This is just horrific. 58 people gone in just a little over 4 minutes. As bad as that is, it might have been a lot worse had the police not found him sooner. Props to the LV police in getting there as soon as they did, they probably saved more lives than we will ever know.

Im simply not buying that the guy snapped. The venue and amount of fire power assembled lends itself to being painstakingly planned, coldly calculated, and too well thought out. This guy obviously wanted to maximize casualties and mow down as many people as possible.
From the NBC report I read earlier, it took authorities 74 minutes to locate the exact room where he was.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I would think that they are bound to find some sort of note.:confused:
You'd think so but they've already, obviously, searched the room he was in as well as his house. So, unless the authorities are hiding the motive from the public or he had a secret, second residence it seems we may never know.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Do we know if the weapons were purchased legally? Could've been stolen or purchased under the table..
Well, at least three were legal. The gun shop owner said he sold him a handgun and two rifles, with a clean background check. Early reports say that "several" fully automatic rifles were in the room. If they were pre-1986 FA, then they could cost up to a mid five figures. Pretty good investment in that room...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
The following was posted by the Josh Abbott Band's guitarist today. I'm posting it here only because of who wrote the statement. Rigorous responses to his view may be better served elsewhere.

Caleb Keeter's twitter

I’ve been a proponent of the 2nd amendment my entire life. Until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with [Concealed Handgun Licenses], and legal firearms on the bus. They were useless.

We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power.

Enough is enough.

Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand. These rounds were just powerful enough that my crew guys just standing in close proximity of a victim shot by this f—ing coward received shrapnel wounds.

We need gun control RIGHT. NOW. My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threatened by it. We are unbelievably fortunate to not be among the number of victims killed or seriously wounded by this maniac.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
ISIS claiming him could be just to get the cred for such an act.

He resisted being captured alive after he has recently started gambling to live.... Was he winning, or was he losing somebody else's money?

Terminal illness makes him mad at the world, and Las Vegas in particular?

Like was mentioned earlier, there is a piece missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You'd think so but they've already, obviously, searched the room he was in as well as his house. So, unless the authorities are hiding the motive from the public or he had a secret, second residence it seems we may never know.
The only thing that I can guess is maybe the police found something and it implicates someone else so they are sitting on it so as not to tip them off.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The following was posted by the Josh Abbott Band's guitarist today. I'm posting it here only because of who wrote the statement. Rigorous responses to his view may be better served elsewhere.

Caleb Keeter's twitter
I understand his feelings but gun control would only insure law abiding citizens would be the only ones without guns. Criminals and especially terrorists would still have access to weapons.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Telegraph reporting he had two weapons on "tripods." Pretty sure they mean bipods. Lends some credence to the theory he used a hellfire crank or something similar.
If Fox were correct, about the modded AR, it could have been either the crank or modified trigger sear. Looking at those windows, I doubted a bipod before. However, a tripod would have elevated the gun. Probably two tripods and two guns, with the two windows broken out...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
From the NBC report I read earlier, it took authorities 74 minutes to locate the exact room where he was.
Really? That is different than the initial reports that I heard earlier this morning on one of the networks, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Do they have an an estimated time of death on this guy?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I saw a video on Facebook of a taxi driver at the hotel. It was weird how people were just going about their business. You could hear constant shots and people were just standing outside the hotel. Such a scary scene...once she got to the area of the people fleeing.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Really? That is different than the initial reports that I heard earlier this morning on one of the networks, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Do they have an an estimated time of death on this guy?
It's hard to believe it took 74 minutes to get to the 32nd floor. It's not like there weren't two blown out windows to indicate where he was. Maybe, just maybe, it took 74 minutes to get the munitions guys to blow off the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.