Mass shooting in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Honestly I don't remember there being any cameras in the halls, but you'd think there would be something there.
I thought Mr Rambo(the shooter) had several cameras in the hall. Now whether they were recording anything is the question. Most likely not if he just wanted to keep a lookout.

But their are questions that needs answers. If there was some sort of conspiracy how would you know which one was accurate.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought Mr Rambo(the shooter) had several cameras in the hall. Now whether they were recording anything is the question. Most likely not if he just wanted to keep a lookout.

But their are questions that needs answers. If there was some sort of conspiracy how would you know which one was accurate.
Paddock reportedly did have cameras set in the hallway to watch for people coming to stop him.

Were there any other cameras in the hallway, though? That's the footage many would like to see. Did the hotel have cameras for security purposes or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think they must have been working, for him to know the security guard was there and shoot through the door at him...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I think they must have been working, for him to know the security guard was there and shoot through the door at him...
My understanding the shooter had placed wireless baby monitor type cameras on the room service cart. These cameras were not recording.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Las Vegas shooter's laptop missing its hard drive

A laptop computer recovered from the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history was missing its hard drive, depriving investigators of a potential key source of information on why he killed and maimed so many people, ABC News has learned.

Paddock is believed to have removed the hard drive before fatally shooting himself, and the missing device has not yet been recovered, sources told ABC News.

Investigators digging into Paddock’s background also learned he purchased software designed to erase files from a hard drive, but without the hard drive to examine it is impossible to know if he ever used the software, one source said.

The absence of substantial digital clues has left investigators struggling to piece together what triggered Paddock to kill 58 innocent concertgoers and injure more than 500 others on Oct. 1.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
from two years ago
'm EMBARRASSED: Texas #2 in nation for new gun purchases, behind CALIFORNIA. Let's pick up the pace Texans. @NRA

https://twitter.com/abc/status/659427797853536256

There was one death by gunfire in the entire country of Japan last year. How is it that their population is safer from dying by gunfire than ours, when Americans tend to own so many more guns per person than do the people of Japan? The same argument holds for all other major countries, not just Japan.

And to make us even safer, we need to arm every single individual that hopes to not be shot? Something doesn't pass the smell test here, unless you are driven by the smell of NRA money and their propaganda.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Seems like Academy Sports & Outdoors should be sued out of existence for failing to perform the mandatory background check.

The Texas church shooter should not have been legally able to buy a gun

Devin Patrick Kelley, the man authorities say killed 26 and injured 20 in the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history, should have been prohibited from buying a gun under US law.

A former airman with the US Air Force, Kelley, received a "bad conduct" discharge from the military after charges of assault against his spouse and child led him to be court-martialed. Military members dishonorably discharged cannot legally purchase a gun, but Kelley's bad-conduct discharge falls just short of that mark.

Kelley apparently was not convicted of domestic violence in the incidents that led him to be disciplined; such a conviction could have also legally disqualified him from gun ownership.

But even if the assault charges didn't technically go down as domestic violence, assault alone can be treated as a felony, which should preclude gun ownership. And even if the charges didn't go down as felonies, the twin charges carried a maximum sentence of over a year in prison, and therefore should preclude gun ownership.

The federal government's firearm transaction record, which buyers must legally fill out, asks about felony convictions. Kelley bought a Ruger AR-556 rifle, used in the attack on the church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, in April of last year from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio, a law-enforcement official told CNN.

The purchase of the gun took place two years after Kelley had been court-martialed, imprisoned, and discharged from the military.
Edit: reading now it may have been an issue with the FBI database. No matter who's at fault, this lapse needs to be immediately investigated and corrected.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There was one death by gunfire in the entire country of Japan last year. How is it that their population is safer from dying by gunfire than ours, when Americans tend to own so many more guns per person than do the people of Japan? The same argument holds for all other major countries, not just Japan.

And to make us even safer, we need to arm every single individual that hopes to not be shot? Something doesn't pass the smell test here, unless you are driven by the smell of NRA money and their propaganda.
no way to prevent this says only nation where this regularly happens

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, TX—In the hours following a violent rampage in Texas in which a lone attacker killed 27 individuals and seriously injured several others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Sunday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Kansas resident Britt Mulvanos, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Sane people are being held hostage to this madness. Truly, the NRA has brainwashed a good segment of the population, and clearly calls the shots with our elected officials. I wonder how deep Russia is in this effort to make Americans feels helpless about doing anything about gun violence. No other country on Earth tolerates this dead end mindset the NRA insists that we all live by.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Sane people are being held hostage to this madness. Truly, the NRA has brainwashed a good segment of the population, and clearly calls the shots with our elected officials. I wonder how deep Russia is in this effort to make Americans feels helpless about doing anything about gun violence. No other country on Earth tolerates this dead end mindset the NRA insists that we all live by.
It's the same way we fund both sides in the war on terror by buying Saudi Arabian oil and propping up despots in the Middle East.

The news media doesn't help. It makes the violence seem more common than it is, making white people afraid of African American gangs.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The guy was ex-military. I wonder if he was so traumatized by football players disrespecting him during the anthem that he just went crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Guys, the NRA has no legislative power. There are roughly 3 million NRA members in a country of 323 million. They have attorneys and lobbyists, but no more so than any organization is capable of harnessing.

The bogeyman is not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.