2018 Quarterback recruiting from AJC

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Follow-up on the visit from Justin Fields, the top-rated QB and No. 1 overall recruit in the 2018 Class.

Upshot: Folks close to the program say Fields does not want to compete against our young incumbents. Writer says we're still after Emory Jones, who repeatedly has thumbed his nose at TOSU's ban on visits by committed players.

Interesting read.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hard to believe that any QB not viewed as a project would even consider Alabama this year. I see no way that Emory chooses Alabama either. I seriously doubt that Alabama signs a great QB in this class, even though you only have 3 on campus.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If we get one of those guys it would be some serious selling ice to Eskimos in the winter" kind of stuff from this coaching staff.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Hard to believe that any QB not viewed as a project would even consider Alabama this year. I see no way that Emory chooses Alabama either. I seriously doubt that Alabama signs a great QB in this class, even though you only have 3 on campus.
Completely agree for the reasons mentioned by the OP. With the limitations on numbers this year, probably need to concentrate on other positions anyway.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
If a QB has a strong like for Bama and a commitable offer, he's coming. That's who we want anyway. Not to say there may be some influencers in his life that will do their best to push him elsewhere, for "other" reasons. So I think Bama has just as good a chance to get their first choice this year as any year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Georgia? No young competition there.
They're selling him on the idea of being the only dual-threat QB on the roster, so they'd have a special package for him. Also, have to think Eason might transfer out if Fromm continues to start. That puts Fields as the #2 guy right away.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
His Dad didn't include Bama in his final four...we're out...
They're selling him on the idea of being the only dual-threat QB on the roster, so they'd have a special package for him. Also, have to think Eason might transfer out if Fromm continues to start. That puts Fields as the #2 guy right away.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I guess he thinks Eason will transfer and he can beat out Fromm. He's probably got a good chance to do that..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'd normally be bummed about missing a prospect like Fields but considering Jalen probably stays through his senior year (2 more years) and then we have Tua up next I can see why he chose elsewhere. Unless an injury happened to Jalen or Tua he wouldn't see the field for several years..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jarren Williams is mentioned in the OP's link. BOL indicates he's a real possibility if Alabama pushes hard enough. Worth watching.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.