SEC Game Times for Week 7 (October 14) Announced - Sort Of (UPDATED WITH TIMES)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: SEC Game Times for Week 7 (October 14) Announced - Sort Of

Look at the bright side.............

It is a day game. Your chances, at night, in Red Stick, would be much lower. Hoodoo voodoo has a way of happening, at that place, at nighttime.

Not to mention how bad the refs are, this year.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Look at the bright side.............

It is a day game. Your chances, at night, in Red Stick, would be much lower. Hoodoo voodoo has a way of happening, at that place, at nighttime.

Not to mention how bad the refs are, this year.
Pretty much the best chance to end the streak we've had in quite a while.

ETA: Line is AU -7. About right.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

We should win, but Red Stick always has and will scare me. The Earthquake game cost us a NC, the Amazing's only loss was 35-7, Kenny Irons goes for over 200 and we miss 5 FGs, Flynn on that last second pass to bird in '07 etc.
On a side note (as this is how my brain works), the Earthquake Game was 29 years ago today.

I listened to it on WAQT 94 out of Carrollton/Aliceville.

My bro was an Aubie at the time.....we liked to have died.......

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

We should win, but Red Stick always has and will scare me. The Earthquake game cost us a NC, the Amazing's only loss was 35-7, Kenny Irons goes for over 200 and we miss 5 FGs, Flynn on that last second pass to bird in '07 etc.
I can garontee you that Carlson won't miss any field goals Saturday afternoon.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

On a side note (as this is how my brain works), the Earthquake Game was 29 years ago today.

I listened to it on WAQT 94 out of Carrollton/Aliceville.

My bro was an Aubie at the time.....we liked to have died.......
For some reason, I was watching the baseball game and got a first hand account by Al Michaels...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

For some reason, I was watching the baseball game and got a first hand account by Al Michaels...
well, you're close.......

Game 3 of the NLCS was played Saturday afternoon. Al Michaels called it. That was the game where Jay Howell of the Dodgers was ejected for pine tar in his glove and the Mets broke through and won. Obviously, this game was before the Auburn-LSU evening game.

However - and I have this game on DVD - game FOUR of the LCS was the next evening, and you may have actually heard about it for the first time the next night.

Incidentally.....that was the same day we lost to Ole Miss in BDS at the opening of the Bryant Museum. As I was for us, the Dodgers, and Auburn.....that was among the more forgettable and not fun days I've ever had as a sports fan. (Dad, in fact, had us boys out washing his vehicles but he had enough cool about him to bring out a b/w TV with an antennae; I was drying off the side of the station wagon when the Mets complained to the ump about Howell's pine tar.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

well, you're close.......

Game 3 of the NLCS was played Saturday afternoon. Al Michaels called it. That was the game where Jay Howell of the Dodgers was ejected for pine tar in his glove and the Mets broke through and won. Obviously, this game was before the Auburn-LSU evening game.

However - and I have this game on DVD - game FOUR of the LCS was the next evening, and you may have actually heard about it for the first time the next night.

Incidentally.....that was the same day we lost to Ole Miss in BDS at the opening of the Bryant Museum. As I was for us, the Dodgers, and Auburn.....that was among the more forgettable and not fun days I've ever had as a sports fan. (Dad, in fact, had us boys out washing his vehicles but he had enough cool about him to bring out a b/w TV with an antennae; I was drying off the side of the station wagon when the Mets complained to the ump about Howell's pine tar.
spooky

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Wonder why the ABC primetime crew is on this game? Is there no ABC primetime next weekend?
I wonder if they are changing it up since Tess and Blackledge have seen us the last two weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.