Link: Tom Petty found unconscious and in full cardiac arrest

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
:( R.I.P. to a great rocker.....

I was at the barber shop today. Walked in with a kid in the chair and 2 gents waiting. Barber and I exchanged greetings but no one was really conversing anything. Barber was busy cutting the kid's hair and the 2 gents reading car magazines.

I sat there for a bit....and then said out loud "It's a good day to count your blessings."

Point being.....the tragedy in Vegas....one never really knows what tomorrow may bring.

That started a discussion on the incident....motive the shooter may have had....how he must have planned it out ahead of time....etc. etc...

Now this very sad news about T.P........

So it's worth repeating..."Good day to count your blessings."

Sometimes that's all one can do......

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
"I won't back down."
"Mary Jane's Last Dance."
"Free Falling."
"Running Down a Dream."

For me these are must have on any play list of songs I listen to.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Below is a clip recorded from his final concert encore with 2 songs(You Wreck Me & American Girl) from barely a week ago. At around the 9 minute mark the band takes one last bow.

Then Tom gives a warm heartfelt 'thank you' to the crowd and even takes a moment to sign some autographs for a few people in the front row. Just a class act guy all the way and one of the greatest composer/singer/songwriters ever.

Listening to his songs always take me back to my HS days riding around with friends with his CD blasting and 3-4 of us singing along as loud as we could. R.I.P Tom

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Tom Petty kept his dry dark sense of humor right to the end, it seems. He also again found a way to be overshadowed while still getting plenty of attention and accolades. His last day was somewhat a microcosm of his life and career, no? RIP.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So many great songs. I am listening to Tom Petty today as a tribute. “I Won’t Back Down” might be his best song. I once heard Pearl Jam did a cover for it at a concert Tom Petty was staying in the same hotel and was to play the next night. Eddie Vedder kept getting the crowd to chant for Tom Petty to come down and play with them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.