Coach Stallings has had a heart attack.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Folks, between what's being discussed all over the country and on NS right now, Tom Petty, and now Gene Stallings, this is lining up as one of the worst days of all-time.......

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Al.com said that he had a stent put in to clear a blockage; hopefully that works. Several on TideFans are members of the stent club, including me (2 in 2008 with excellent results). Prayers for Coach’s health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaCarol91670

1st Team
Jun 22, 2003
Paris, Tx
As of 3pm yesterday, his numbers and tests were moving in the right direction, according to Ruth Ann. They were hoping to wean him off the vent and expecting to be there a week. He was feeling better yesterday.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
luckily, i got to meet him and shake his hand at a wedding when i was still in tuscaloosa.
Yah, I've talked to him a few times over the years, even had dinner at his house once in the early 90s (he attended the same church as I), and my parents got to know him well while serving a 501(c)(3) he was involved in. He signed a football for my birthday a number of years ago, I keep it on display 'in the office'.

He's a man of great character - the world needs more like him.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He is my favorite coach of the post-Bryant era. He saw the job as a badge of honor. He loved taking Bryant's old job. Saban is a better coach, but this is where he can make the most money and have the most success.

I am glad we have Saban, but Stallings just had something here that no other coach has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I may not word this just right but let me try. When we beat Miami for the NC I was home watching the game by myself. I was 35 years old and when the players lifted him on their shoulders I could not hold back the tears. I think it was for 2 reasons, Bama was back on top and second it just seemed like the closest thing to Coach Bryant was the one that made it happen. That's the football side.
Years later I read Another Season and it brought back all the same emotions but for different reasons. It showed the personal side of a man that was not only a great coach, but a truly honorable man at the same time. Coach Gene Stallings is by definition a living legend in my book.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.