Possible Issues Within LSU Coaching Staff Brewing in Baton Rouge?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I also read that Orgeron said he wasn't aware of personnel changes that Matt Canada (LSU OC) had made. Something about Canada decided to start a different running back and Orgeron said after the game he didn't know that was going to happen until the first series when he saw it on the field. This is going to be a complete disaster. LSU will be lucky to win 6 games this year..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The guy ran Ole Miss into the ground and by the looks of it so far. He's well on his way to doing the same thing at LSU. He's simply not a head coach. He maybe a very good DL coach, recruiter, motivator etc. But being a head coach is an entirely different animal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Orgeron is a very good position coach, but a disaster as a head coach.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I was thinking this morning what a sudden fall LSU has had. S Mississippi went from contender (C/USA) to bottom feeder in the blink of an eye. Ogre is giving LSU a taste of that too. I don't see how a player only meeting can fix getting blown out by an average Miss State and then losing to G5 team. This needs a major overhaul, IMO.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The decision to hire CEO, compounded with that insane buyout, will set them back a decade.
I agree - They can't fire Orgeron because they don't have $$$, and by the time they decide to fire him no good coach will want to take on that rebuilding process with Saban in the same division. Their best bet would be to bring back Miles, and that isn't going to happen.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
LSU deserves this. They almost fired Les, then didn't, then did and then put all their eggs in the Herman basket even though EVERYONE knew he wanted to go to Texas if that job was available. Then because they were lazy or something they hire a cartoon character as HC. They had this coming

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Then because they were lazy or something they hire a cartoon character as HC. They had this coming
Apparently Alleva honestly believed he had Herman in the bag and was embarrassed when Herman chose to go to texas. This appears to be a knee-jerk reaction, I've read that the contract given to Orgeron was essentially the same terms of what they offered Herman with a reduced annual salary, which would explain the insane buyout for a risky hire...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
There is 'BLOOD IN THE WATER' and the sharks are circling.
Some of those sharks are on the LSU staff. The loss to Troy is devastating because some players give up hope. Some ambitious coaches have began to backstab the other coaches. Other coaches are planning their exit from Baton Rouge.
AND... Other SEC schools will double down on beating the 'Corn Dogs'.
Meanwhile... Politics are gonna get nasty for Coach 'O'.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Several people do. Booger said almost the exact same thing. Rebuilding year. Even a rebuilding year with LSU's talent could win 9-10 games a year. Bologna. The coaches suck.
I heard him say that too. Coach O talking about 5 players starting on Sunday. We had 7 players taken in the first 55 of the draft. There is ZERO excuse for them to be playing the way they are.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Several people do. Booger said almost the exact same thing. Rebuilding year. Even a rebuilding year with LSU's talent could win 9-10 games a year. Bologna. The coaches suck.
I guess a case could be made when you think back to all the transfers they had this year. Link

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I buy the idea that LSU is in a rebuilding year. They lost a ton of talent and they have a new coaching staff. If that doesn't qualify, I am not sure what does. But even during a rebuilding year you have to beat teams like Troy.

Generally speaking, you should not over-react to a loss like this. If I had any faith at all in Orgeron, I would say that they could overcome this loss. But they won't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.