JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Texas A&M Preview: Danger level depends on how one views UCLA loss
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 4th, 2017 01:53 AM
Kevin Sumlin is probably not worth the steep buyout he negotiated for himself with his employer, Texas A&M. But Sumlin – and his team – are likely better than most would admit. The question is, is this team good enough to beat Alabama at home? The answer […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good read thanks, Jess. TAMU is not a bad team and I believe they will give us all we want for most of the game. Kirk can keep the game close if our special teams are not on top of their game. TAMU has nothing to lose and will likely play their best game of the year Saturday night.

I love it. I guess not really watch A&M this year has me questioning the RB match ups, but I’ll go with the assessment given, just glad that we have the better OL here. They’re playing good ball right now, but as much as I am worried I still think we beat them by 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice write-up. I think it will be closer than some think, especially if Bradley Bozeman is out. I sure hope he can play though. Our O Line was just starting to gel. This will be our first true road game with a crowd that isn't mostly Bama fans. Last year's game was close for a while, and I expect the same this Saturday until the 3rd or 4th quarter.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
TAMU was tied with a mediocre S. Carolina team until late in the 4th quarter AT HOME. furthermore, it wasn't like the scores were both high from either side. it was 17-17!! Vegas isn't as bullish with the points since its on the road, but -27 is still very high for a road team.
your breakdown of their defense is very good. stats don't lie. if Bama doesn't put them away early its because the Tide is stopping themselves.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Nice write-up. I think it will be closer than some think, especially if Bradley Bozeman is out. I sure hope he can play though. Our O Line was just starting to gel. This will be our first true road game with a crowd that isn't mostly Bama fans. Last year's game was close for a while, and I expect the same this Saturday until the 3rd or 4th quarter.
Just want to update that he was back at practice today and participated in all drills.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hand being out and not knowing how others would respond could do it.
I think that Jess sometimes looks for ways to award close position battles to the opponent. I mean, it has to get boring just saying that Alabama is better at every position every week (though aTm may really have an edge in ST with Diggs out this week). But the reality, in spite of aTm's great front 7 play so far this year - Alabama's second team D-Line is probably better than aTm's D-Line. We will see how this game plays out, but I expect Alabama to have at least 250 yards rushing in this game. aTm won't sniff those numbers.

I think that Jess sometimes looks for ways to award close position battles to the opponent. I mean, it has to get boring just saying that Alabama is better at every position every week (though aTm may really have an edge in ST with Diggs out this week). But the reality, in spite of aTm's great front 7 play so far this year - Alabama's second team D-Line is probably better than aTm's D-Line. We will see how this game plays out, but I expect Alabama to have at least 250 yards rushing in this game. aTm won't sniff those numbers.
I just like how he said our OL may have a slight edge against their DL. You’re right, he may get bored with it, but he’s a Bama fan. How can one get bored with what Bama is doing if you are a fan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just like how he said our OL may have a slight edge against their DL. You’re right, he may get bored with it, but he’s a Bama fan. How can one get bored with what Bama is doing if you are a fan?
He is a writer, and a good one. He likes to tell a story, not just present facts. Every story needs a villain.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.