A&M Week, Some Thoughts and Stats - Could This Be A Test?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Couple of thoughts, then some numbers. Texas A&M is sort of in the process of philosophical change - becoming less of the pass happy, defensively weak and porous team we have seen, to becoming more of a physical at the LOS team that runs the ball. As Jess N noted in his preview, this may be the best group of RBs Bama sees this year.

National Ranks

Rush Defense
Bama - 2
Texas A&M - 15

Pass Defense
Bama - 9
Texas A&M - 97

Scoring Defense
Bama - 1
Texas A&M - 80

Total Defense
Bama - 6
Texas A&M - 76

Rush Offense
Bama - 4
Texas A&M - 14

Pass Offense

Bama - 94
Texas A&M - 95

Scoring Offense
Bama - 8
Texas A&M - 29

Total Offense

Bama - 14
Texas A&M - 41

Turnover Margin
Bama - 3
Texas A&M - 5

Sacks
Bama - 67
Texas A&M - 4

3RD Down Defensive Efficiency
Bama - 15
Texas A&M - 23

3RD Down Conversion Efficiency

Bama - 34
Texas A&M - 35

Mond is an athletic QB who can run the ball and take it to the house - see the TD he should have been credited with vs Arkansas. There are playmakers, and talent - and what has impressed me is that after the monumental collapse against UCLA and all the heat and anger directed at the program and HC after - this team looks to have stayed together. Seems they are working and trying to get better, and really should be hosting Bama with a good bit of fan fare at 5-0.

Gonna be an interesting game

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Mond is a good athlete but, at least from what he's shown so far, a very inconsistent passer. I think Ford is their only RB who can run the ball on us. He's a big, physical guy unlike their other RBs. Trayveon Williams runs up a bunch of yards against soft defenses but he's to small to have an impact vs Bama. I think he came into the game last year as the leading rusher in the SEC and he only had 23 yards on 9 carries but Ford had 15 carries for 62 yards (4.1 ypc). Ford is the RB to watch out for. Also, I'll believe it when I see it that a&M is physical enough to slow down a rushing attack like Bama's. Seems like every year we hear about how their defense has gone through a transformation and every year our RBs run through their defense like a knife through butter. Damien Harris had 128 yards on 17 carries last year (7.5 ypc) and our o-line is better this year..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This could be the game where Alabama gets it done through the air. Protecting the quarterback will be important. We'll see how the defense does, since they are banged up, as usual...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Their defense starts and ends at the LOS. Protect Jalen and you can name the score.

Their offense is totally dependent on their QB, and he is maybe the 4th best QB that you have faced so far this season.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: A&M Week, Some Thoughts and Stats - Could This Be A Test?

We opened up the pass game last weekend and that in turn opened up the floodgates for the run game. I see more of the same this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I've said it before TAMU can't beat us... Only we can beat us.
Play mistake free football and control the clock. We win easily.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Thanks for the data. It shows a glaring deficiency for aTm. Here is another data set. Bama leads in 30 of 35 Key Stats.

http://myteamsbetter.com/#COMPARE_T...tatView=Key Stats&compareOption=ALL_OPPONENTS
I like this stat website. Thanks. I do hope we can run the ball with ease on them but it will be more of a challenge compared to our other games. Then again, the teams they have played so far haven't had much of a rush attack like we have. I just hope our players are ready for the loud crowd atmosphere. If we get a fast start, that will help our mentality.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Last night at Bible study I asked the biggest A&M fan I know what's going to happen. His exact words: "We are going to get pounded!"

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

We also beat every top 25 team on that stats site. The closest one would be Clemson 19-13(50.07%).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

My biggest concern is that the last time we felt this dominant on offense was early in the 2010 campaign. Rolled into Columbia and the cracks started to be exposed.

Not really the exact same but I'm cautious about reading too much into the detonations we've put on SEC opponents the last few weeks.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Sort of hoping for a test.

A 10- 14 pt win, no injury past bruises, plenty of playing time for second/third organizational grouping. type test.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Sort of hoping for a test.

A 10- 14 pt win, no injury past bruises, plenty of playing time for second/third organizational grouping. type test.
I think Bama is in for a BIG TEST. I am really CONCERNED about that WR, kick returner. I think A & M will play their BEST game of the year.

So, I am CONCERNED EACH week. Hey! I was concerned against FShoesU, Fresno State U., Colorado State U., Vandy and Ole Miss. Why should I change this week?

I'm also concerned about Alabama's INJURIES, esp. #9 and #7.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think Bama is in for a BIG TEST. I am really CONCERNED about that WR, kick returner. I think A & M will play their BEST game of the year.

So, I am CONCERNED EACH week. Hey! I was concerned against FShoesU, Fresno State U., Colorado State U., Vandy and Ole Miss. Why should I change this week?

I'm also concerned about Alabama's INJURIES, esp. #9 and #7.
Relax and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen no matter what we do.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.