Link: Just How Rested Alabama's RBs Are 5 Games Into 2017

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Jalen is going to run no matter what, he is to good at it not to at times. Anyone can get hurt on any play, those who would say he should not run need to follow badminton.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I do think Hurts needs to run, it is part of his game. I'd prefer he not be the team's leading rusher though. My concern about his running has as much to do with working on his passing game as it has to do with preventing injury. We know he can run, and he's a solid passer to. While he really doesn't need to work on his running, there are some passes he could improve on. So, a couple of times a game I'd like to see him pass instead of run in situations where he could do either. That would require reading the defense, identifying the proper target, and of course making the throw. All skills that he would benefit from in the future. Each time he runs it might be effective but I'm not sure he's learning much from it. I think anyone who would seek to turn him into AJ is just being silly about it, but then again I'm not sure anyone is saying that either.

One could also debate how many designed runs Hurts should have. I think it is important to keep the opponents honest, and set up other plays. But, I certainly wouldn't see anything wrong with the running backs getting more carries than the quarterback.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
This is good for the team as a whole. Fresh legs all the way around. With all the young players getting time our starters get rest and are not so beat up. Bodes well if we can keep this up for most of the rest of the season.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
YEAH Gene was right, who am I to second guess a coach who has won 5 NC's........ Then again LOL

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Pretty amazing when guys like N. Harris and Jacobs are way down the depth chart, those guys would be feature backs on a lot of teams.
Quite a stable of RBs, even more than we usually have.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Pretty amazing when guys like N. Harris and Jacobs are way down the depth chart, those guys would be feature backs on a lot of teams.
Quite a stable of RBs, even more than we usually have.
Just look at last year though, every single running back got dinged up. Quality depth and keeping those guys healthy is going to be important going forward. It's a nice "problem" to have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.