Congressman Tim Murphy

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
In another case of GOP hypocrisy PA Rep Tim Murphy spent 15 years in office trying to end abortion rights for others and then got caught asking the girl he was having an affair with to get an abortion.

Had a 100% score from the Family Research Council

Republican Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania will resign from his position, effective October 21, House Speaker Paul Ryan announced in a statement Thursday.

"This afternoon I received a letter of resignation from Congressman Tim Murphy," Ryan said in the statement. "It was Dr. Murphy's decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it. We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer."
Murphy had previously said he would not seek reelection at the end of his term.
Local Pittsburgh CNN affiliate KDKA first reported the embattled lawmaker would retire after his term, after reports surfaced on Tuesday alleging that the anti-abortion Republican urged a woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In another case of GOP hypocrisy PA Rep Tim Murphy spent 15 years in office trying to end abortion rights for others and then got caught asking the girl he was having an affair with to get an abortion.

i wonder how many abortions creamcicle caligula has paid for

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
Remind me how many times he was in the governor's mansion and white house doing all kinds of immoral things and y'all want to act like the Republicans are the only ones to do anything like that. "Depends on what your definition of "IS" is".

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
SMH

I'm anti-abortion, but I'm also anti-hypocrisy. This dude is disgusting, and sadly, he's the example of how I view almost everyone involved in politics in DC...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
But your guy back when did something I didn't like so that makes what this slimeball did OK... That attitude has worked out great for America. I want to thank both sides for doing it. Without you our country could have principled people running it. I want to thank you for making excuses for them and carrying their water for absolutely nothing in return. No blue font.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
Problem with people is that if you're a liberal you always want to point fingers at the republican who does something like this and if you're a republican you always want to point fingers at the liberal all the while ignoring the mud on your own shoes.
Wrong is just wrong no matter what person on what side of the aisle does it. If we as the citizenry of this country would bow up and demand better from our elected officials we might could start to find some common ground and move forward but as long as we want to keep pointing fingers at the other side and then try to sweep our own mess under the rug we're gonna break apart.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
SMHI'm anti-abortion, but I'm also anti-hypocrisy. This dude is disgusting, and sadly, he's the example of how I view almost everyone involved in politics in DC...
I don't know who originally said this:

Politics comes from the Greek 'poly' meaning many and ticks which are blood sucking parasites.
:)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

As I've said before, those who wear it on their sleeve are usually the sleaziest. My gut says the same about Roy Moore too.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Problem with people is that if you're a liberal you always want to point fingers at the republican who does something like this and if you're a republican you always want to point fingers at the liberal all the while ignoring the mud on your own shoes.
Wrong is just wrong no matter what person on what side of the aisle does it. If we as the citizenry of this country would bow up and demand better from our elected officials we might could start to find some common ground and move forward but as long as we want to keep pointing fingers at the other side and then try to sweep our own mess under the rug we're gonna break apart.
I completely agree. However, you do realize you've done of the finger-pointing yourself tonight?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I've said before, those who wear it on their sleeve are usually the sleaziest. My gut says the same about Roy Moore too.
Most of the negative ads about him were 100% true. He and his wife do really have a foundation they milk for millions, capitalizing on his public political stances...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
But your guy back when did something I didn't like so that makes what this slimeball did OK... That attitude has worked out great for America. I want to thank both sides for doing it. Without you our country could have principled people running it. I want to thank you for making excuses for them and carrying their water for absolutely nothing in return. No blue font.
I don't think anyone is saying this guy should get a pass.

The inflammatory part of Jon's post is the "in another case of GOP hypocrisy" as though hypocrisy is limited to political party or something.

And while it has not necessarily been stated here, this is usually followed up with the line of reasoning, "politician X campaigned on this issue. He then attempted to do what he campaigned against. Therefore, position X on this issue is invalid".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I love it when a public figure is caught in a serious scandal whether illegal or immoral and either is fired or resigns the higher ups say "he wanted to move on to the next chapter in his life". Yeah, I bet his wife's next chapter for his life ain't the same as his.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I don't think anyone is saying this guy should get a pass.

The inflammatory part of Jon's post is the "in another case of GOP hypocrisy" as though hypocrisy is limited to political party or something.

And while it has not necessarily been stated here, this is usually followed up with the line of reasoning, "politician X campaigned on this issue. He then attempted to do what he campaigned against. Therefore, position X on this issue is invalid".

If I were to quibble I'd rather Jon attack both sides with equal vigor. I also want rainbow unicorns that poop ice cream and free government services. Jon's a lib who pointed out yet another low life Rep scum do as I say not as I do hypocrite doing what those types (mainly the I know what's best for you but don't judge me while they look down their nose at you hypocrite part - please don't focus on the Rep scum part: not all x is y and so on).

It is valid to point out that either the man had a few minutes of weakness (perhaps seconds - I wasn't there) followed by a later moment during which he did not live his supposed values. Now, maybe like David he's a man after God's own heart and good ole Mr Murphy is writing psalms and dancing before the Lord right now. I doubt it though. He's probably cursing this woman for hurting his reputation he carefully crafted for his own gain and revealing his shortcomings. And like Newt's family values, his private actions should call into question his public stance on issues no less than Dems who promote strict gun control but have armed guards at their side. The people can decide if the issue has no worth or just the man promoting it publicly. Either way, it's worthy of a discussion.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If I were to quibble I'd rather Jon attack both sides with equal vigor. I also want rainbow unicorns that poop ice cream and free government services. Jon's a lib who pointed out yet another low life Rep scum do as I say not as I do hypocrite doing what those types (mainly the I know what's best for you but don't judge me while they look down their nose at you hypocrite part - please don't focus on the Rep scum part: not all x is y and so on).

It is valid to point out that either the man had a few minutes of weakness (perhaps seconds - I wasn't there) followed by a later moment during which he did not live his supposed values. Now, maybe like David he's a man after God's own heart and good ole Mr Murphy is writing psalms and dancing before the Lord right now. I doubt it though. He's probably cursing this woman for hurting his reputation he carefully crafted for his own gain and revealing his shortcomings. And like Newt's family values, his private actions should call into question his public stance on issues no less than Dems who promote strict gun control but have armed guards at their side. The people can decide if the issue has no worth or just the man promoting it publicly. Either way, it's worthy of a discussion.
you know if you were to go back through the tidefans archive or could figure out how to make the search function work you'd find several cases where I called out Democrat hypocrisy with equal vigor. From my (poor) memory I recall calling out Pelosi for use of private jets, Gore for his massive house and jet activity while screaming against carbon footprints and ironically your own example Rosie O For her use of armed guards while wanting to remove gun rights for others. Those are just the few I recall and I will call out more as I see them and know I am forgetting many.

This particular case is particularly disgusting to me though. There are millions of women who are in extremely desperate situations with none of the resources of this scumbag who he'd happily deny a morning after pill to but when he makes a mistake he see's nothing wrong with walking that same path. The cheating tells me he is scum (as it told me the same about Bill Clinton, and yes I am thoroughly on record here saying it) but it's not close to my main issue on this.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
i wonder how many abortions creamcicle caligula has paid for
I assume you're referring to Trump?

I said the same thing during the race. I also said that was the ONE thing that would cost him base support.

Granted, I didn't figure it mattered anyway because there was no way he could win......shows how dumb I can be at times......

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I assume you're referring to Trump?

I said the same thing during the race. I also said that was the ONE thing that would cost him base support.

Granted, I didn't figure it mattered anyway because there was no way he could win......shows how dumb I can be at times......
I doubt that would have hurt him. He was right when he said he could shoot people and still have his base support.

He has been divorced twice and it is no secret he cheated on his first two wives. And while she is a very bright woman, nobody is claiming he married this wife for being quintlingual. If he has cheated on her it wouldn't surprise me. He has probably strayed since the election.

If conservative Christians will support someone like that, an abortion or two wouldn't stop them. Not to mention they went with a likely agnostic/atheist over the church going Hillary Clinton.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
As for public figures, unfortunately none of this matters to the movie going public, sports fans attending games and voters. This is a sad commentary has to how low the bar has been dropped when it comes to adulation and acceptance of these public figures without regard for what they did or did not do that most Americans used to see as integrity, honor and the morally right thing. Even more sad is the fact that nothing will change any of this. To paraphrase Bill Parcells in relation to what he said about a team's record, "this country's governing body reflects what America has become". Rant over, out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.