Cochran's cell phone snatch explained

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Saban supportive of Cochran cell snatch
Near the end of Saturday’s 66-3 win over Ole Miss, ESPN’s cameras caught Alabama strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran confiscate a cell phone out of the hand of a team staffer who appeared to be using it on the Tide sideline.
The video was quickly turned into a gif and spread across social media, with many posts reinforcing the perception that Alabama — and especially Saban — aren’t exactly social media-friendly.
Asked about the incident Wednesday, Saban unsurprisingly supported Cochran’s effort to eradicate cell phones from his sideline, as per team policy.
“I think if you’re going to be on the sidelines, you should be focusing on the game,” Saban said. “So, that’s basically the policy, that’s basically what we’re trying to do. We have a rule that nobody’s allowed to have a cell phone on the sidelines, and we have a rule for when you can have your cell phone out in the locker room.
“Obviously it’s a focus issue, so I don’t know what else I can say about it.”

This from google news sports.

Rules are rules, this guy was Bama staffer and should have known better. No mention if he ever got it back LOL Knowing Cochran he probably put it in a box and put some HUGE weight on it, lift the weight get the phone LOL That would be funny.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I am ready to send my daughter and her entire high school class to the sidelines so Coach Cochran can confiscate all of their smart phones.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I am ready to send my daughter and her entire high school class to the sidelines so Coach Cochran can confiscate all of their smart phones.
Maybe our local PD could get cochran for some ride alongs to do that to drivers LOL

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good. Especially since he's one of ours. And it makes sense. So the guy is standing there twittering away, and the play comes in his direction and he gets plowed over because he's not paying attention. It's a safety issue as much as a focus one. And yes, I understand that sometimes plays happen so fast that it doesn't matter whether you are paying attention or not, but I see no reason to take yourself completely out of focus and give yourself no chance at all.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
What could be more important than the game?????? Cochran should have tossed it on the ground and stomped it bahahahahahahaha

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
When it comes to Cochran, not much. There is not another S&C coach out there that comes close to the air time Cochran gets.
Well yes I know that. I mean though it seems like these days, every little thing that happens with the coaches, players, and even the fans gets captured and goes viral.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Well yes I know that. I mean though it seems like these days, every little thing that happens with the coaches, players, and even the fans gets captured and goes viral.
This is the price of being KING OF THE HILL. I am glad this is the kind of stuff they show, it made me smile.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I loved it. If this guy was part of the staff, he was essentially on the job. Got to put the cell phone away when you are working.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.