LOL: Ole Miss officially adopts Landshark mascot

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Soooo, they wish to permanently associate themselves with a nickname used by the ill-gotten recruiting classes that are about to cripple their program far more than being a college in Mississippi already has. Ok....

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Based on last week's performance...
Ole Sis ought to seriously consider
The 'Carp'
(Not very tasty, and smell really bad sometimes...)

Last edited:

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
So this is what Vitter wants to get involved with? No wonder they have so many problems and refuse to even glance at a mirror. 19 months into his tenure and one hostage video is all he has to show he was involved at all with the NCAA issues and he is out front leading this charge? Speculation has been Bjork is a dead man walking and I'll wager Vitter is, too.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
GREAT now lets watch that shark drown in a sea of crimson, we will rip the sharks guts out. They really are funny bunch of bumpkins.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
[FONT=&quot]No wonder the boosters wouldn't let him answer the NCAA-----------Sean Tuohy, you got some 'splainin' to do------

[FONT=&quot] "Chancellor Jeffrey S. Vitter" <chancellor@olemiss.edu>
Date: October 6, 2017 at 11:36:15 AM CDT

Subject: A Letter from Chancellor Jeffrey S. Vitter
Reply-To: chancellor@olemiss.edu[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]October 6, 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are proud of our students and their leadership and active engagement as important members of our university community. We recognize that their efforts stem from a desire to unify the Ole Miss family. The results of the Landshark poll confirm the sentiments that Ross and I have heard since arriving on campus — that the Landshark and “Fins Up” have become synonymous with the positive spirit and strength of our athletics program and the “Never Quit” attitude of Rebel Nation. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upon learning of the ASB poll of students, we sought input from the executive committees of the Ole Miss Alumni Association, the Staff Council, the Faculty Senate, and the Graduate Student Council, as well as from the Student Athlete Advisory Committee and the Spirit Squad head coaches. In each case, the support for the Landshark mascot was unanimous. In addition, the past presidents of the Ole Miss Alumni Association and the boards of the Alumni Association and M-Club enthusiastically endorsed the action of the Alumni Association executive committee. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Indeed, the growth of the Landshark mystique over the last seven years has been phenomenal with every athletics team embracing it, including such standouts as Marshall Henderson with basketball and Kaitlin Lee with softball, in leading their respective teams to SEC championships.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today, I’m excited to announce that we will move forward with the Landshark as the official mascot and retire Rebel the Bear. Athletics will be charged with designing, developing, and launching the Landshark mascot, with an anticipated unveiling before the 2018 season. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In closing, I want to state unequivocally that we are — and always will be — the Ole Miss Rebels. And I am asking all Rebels to unite around our new Landshark mascot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hotty Toddy and Fins Up![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jeffrey S. Vitter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lyceum 123 | Phone +1 (662) 915-7111 | chancellor@OleMiss.edu[/FONT]

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If that defense is a land shark, what would a real Defense like Bama's be????? I did see a article talking about us being a DEATH STAR bahahahahhahaha

vestamark01

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2015
I can't say I feel sorry for them as much as they have botched this from start to finish. However, I do like the landshark better than the Bear. Not because the landshark is great, but because the Bear was so awful and poorly conceived.

At least there is some buy in on this and they can finally be behind something. Other than the rest of the SEC West, that is. Ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Side note - Ole Miss got an extremely early check-in today at the team hotel. They're already in Montgomery. Auburn won't be here until after 5, if not 6.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I can't say I feel sorry for them as much as they have botched this from start to finish. However, I do like the landshark better than the Bear. Not because the landshark is great, but because the Bear was so awful and poorly conceived.

At least there is some buy in on this and they can finally be behind something. Other than the rest of the SEC West, that is. Ha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
This ^^

There is a photo that I like to use for Ole Mess - of a certain bear from the old Conan O'brien show - whose name I dare not mention without violating board rules.

In any event, I find this current state of affairs to be a laughable train wreck - just like the rest of the laughable Ole Mess campus....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.