LOL: Ole Miss officially adopts Landshark mascot

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Urban Dictionary has a completely different definition of what a Landshark is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I don't understand. What does Tuohy have to do with this?
Tuohy and Vitter grew up in the same neighborhood in New Orleans. Same general area Archie has lived since about 1972. Tuohy played high school ball at Isidore Newman. Same place Cooper, Peyton and Eli all played. Tuohy was about four years younger than Vitter but very close to the same age as Vitter's brother, former Louisiana Senator David Vitter. Take a look at Vitter's resume. It ain't like he beat out several candidates for the job. Good ole boy Network is alive and well.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I swear I triple-checked the URL before posting - I was almost certain it was satire...
This is one of the reasons why the blue font policy, like safe spaces on university campuses, is inadvisable: if you can’t learn to recognize satire and sarcasm among your friends on Tidefans, where can you? Not that I don’t love blue font...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This is really so stupid. Ole Miss just mishandled this like they do everything. Several schools have changed nicknames and mascots over the years without becoming a laughing stock. About 30 years ago Southern Miss changed from the Southerners to the Golden Eagles. Of course Stanford went from the Indians to the Cardinal (and added the tree :). Ole Miss is just determined to keep their "Rebel" nickname and now add a "Landshark" mascot since Colonel Reb became an inappropriate symbol. They should just get a whole new nickname and mascot. Ideas for them....Ducks, Snakes, Moccasins, Doves, Riflemen, Magnolias, Deltas, Foxes, ... or just go with Tigers. But the nickname that would fit them the best would be the "Morons" ;)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
They should probably go with something more like the Ole Miss Sardines or another forage fish for the rest of the ocean. Bama comes to town at about 3:40!

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The next thing to go will be the slogan,"Ole Miss",some one will declare it to be offensive. The only thing of"fin"sive is it's football program.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.