LOL: Ole Miss officially adopts Landshark mascot

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Maybe less time making up names and more time working on football. Then maybe the high point of the program will not be a stupid name change.:p

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I know it can't happen, but I kind of want the NCAA to penalize them an extra scholarship for the mascot. :cool2:

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This is what you get when you let your undergrads choose your mascot for you. They can be a sarcastic bunch. Recall that the Oregon mascot is really not a duck. It is a geoduck, a very large, very ugly clam found in the mudflats along the Pacific coast. Again, chosen years ago by a poll taken of their students.

I think Ole Miss should go back to the Rebels. But instead of using Col. Reb, have someone do a whimsical drawing taken from ome on Matthew Brady's photos of dead Confederate soldiers on the Gettysburg battlefield. No politically correct critic could possibly say that a bloated corpse would glorify the Lost Cause. And a bloated corpse will be an accurate representation of their football program once the NCAA finishes with them.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This beats all I've ever seen. Landsharks? LOL! Even worse is that they truly believe they were in their "golden years" when this dumb landshark stuff started. Funny

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They could've just combined the old with the new... although it was already copyrighted.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
After 40 years, in our previous "World Domination HQ", and having not fulfilled that goal, we are building a new "World Domination HQ".

Maybe this time................except if it takes 40 years, well, not sure how I will still be here then, but I'll worry about that later.

(Haven't worn that shirt in almost 40 years. Mainly because it is 50% polyester. No, you don't want to know why. Just trust me.)

(Yes, it was a birthday present, one year, back in the day.)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If I recall, another Mississippi school (Delta State known as “The Statesmen”) allowed the student body to come up with a new mascot since the Statesman mascot, like Colonel Reb, had become politically incorrect.

Since the major color for the team was green, the students wanted something that was “southern, green and ugly. Hence you had “The Fighting Okra”.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Land shark is great mascot, as their Defense is about as scary as a shark on land, pretty lame. In the water sharks are deadly, on land not so much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.