LOL: Ole Miss officially adopts Landshark mascot

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Some folks are talking about this very thing at work right now. How embarrassing...as if the Rebel Bears name wasn't bad enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If they were serious about changing their name and identity they should have taken it seriously, put some real thought into it, made the decision and move forward. This has now long past become a joke and not the kind that Ole Miss can join in and laugh along. It's an embarrassment to their program and right now they don't need anymore embarrassment. This is like the cherry on top.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If they were serious about changing their name and identity they should have taken it seriously, put some real thought into it, made the decision and move forward. This has now long past become a joke and not the kind that Ole Miss can join in and laugh along. It's an embarrassment to their program and right now they don't need anymore embarrassment. This is like the cherry on top.
Which is why I love it so much! :biggrin2:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
But this is Ole Miss. It is so so very Ole Miss.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They should've just kept Col. Reb but made him look less like a plantation owner. I guess the alternative was to play up the colonel part and that wasn't likely to help undergraduate 'crootin either.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
They should've just kept Col. Reb but made him look less like a plantation owner. I guess the alternative was to play up the colonel part and that wasn't likely to help undergraduate 'crootin either.
I told a buddy of mine who is an Ole Miss alum that they should consider Ole Miss Raiders or Ole Miss Red Raiders as their new name. It's pretty close to the "sound" of Ole Miss Rebels and IMO wouldn't be such drastic transition and change from mascot design, marketing and merchandising change etc. I guess someone thought Landsharks was a better name. LOL! Good for them!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.