Everyone in lower Al get ready to hunker down..(hurricane)

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Looks like we may get to see the game before we lose power. The forward momentum is fast though, so this
thing may stay strong all the way up through the state.

I've added the path track to the first post because it appears to update itself...

Last edited:

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Looks like we may get to see the game before we lose power. The forward momentum is fast though, so this
thing may stay strong all the way up through the state.
We've got a Boston butt smoking before it gets bad in Mobile. I made today's dessert last night so i could finish up prep today. Hopefully the power will stay on for the game, if not, I've got tons of batteries :)
A few more things in the yard to secure this morning and we'll be good here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Yeah, that depends on what part you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
JBama, what does Wolf Bay in Orange Beach usually do during storms, I'm not familiar with it as much. My sister lives in a low lying area 1/4 mile from the bay and I'm *gently encouraging* her to come to Mobile (closer to the eye) to avoid surge.
Because my gentle encouragement sounds a bit like stark raving mad :/

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
We've got a Boston butt smoking before it gets bad in Mobile. I made today's dessert last night so i could finish up prep today. Hopefully the power will stay on for the game, if not, I've got tons of batteries :)
A few more things in the yard to secure this morning and we'll be good here.

Luckily this thing isn't a monster like some , but it will be bad enough. Tornados are my main concern since we're about 50 miles from the coast here.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
JBama, what does Wolf Bay in Orange Beach usually do during storms, I'm not familiar with it as much. My sister lives in a low lying area 1/4 mile from the bay and I'm *gently encouraging* her to come to Mobile (closer to the eye) to avoid surge.

Let me add a caveat.. shelter in an old trailer near the bay :(

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I've lived thru a lot of these, and at present, this one doesn't seem too bad. My generators are ready to go, and we're packing up "loose" stuff in the yard this morning. As someone else said, tornadoes spawned off of it are likely to be the biggest threat. The thing is, though, these things seem to take a life all their own, so here's hoping and praying it stays a Cat 1 or lower for all concerned.

In true Bama fan fashion, my biggest concern at the moment......I have DirecTV so I'm certain to lose Satellite signal......just hope I don't lose internet as well before game is over. Roll Tide!

She could go further inland in Baldwin County. Though this storm isn’t consider a major event, if it were my family in a low lying area we would leave. Keep encouraging her.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
She could go further inland in Baldwin County. Though this storm isn’t consider a major event, if it were my family in a low lying area we would leave. Keep encouraging her.

Me too. The folks she lives with have no car & a bunch of kids, so they're just wait and see, and Baldwin County hasn't opened shelters.
I've offered to go get them before it gets bad, but no takers yet.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
Nate is showing potential to grow into a strong Cat. 1 to maybe Cat.2. The difference between 95 and 100 MPH is not perceivable and both categories are dangerous to the areas that Nate will come ashore. The size of the storm is also growing. It is also crossing northeast Alabama as a strong tropical storm. Roll Tide

Me too. The folks she lives with have no car & a bunch of kids, so they're just wait and see, and Baldwin County hasn't opened shelters.
I've offered to go get them before it gets bad, but no takers yet.

Strange that they haven’t opened shelters. Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties did that early this morning.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Strange that they haven’t opened shelters. Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties did that early this morning.

They just announced opening up the coliseum in Robertsdale at 1 as a last resort shelter. I wonder if the governor pressured them into it since the surrounding countries are being proactive.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
As of 10am, the track has drifted slightly to the west and further north before it turns NE. Good for us bad for Miss.

Looks like it's going to be a tropical storm all the way into TenorC.

Edit: moved the NOAA path tracking to the top post since it updates itself.

Last edited:

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Generator is at the ready- and thanks to the low level of panic here locally- gas, ice, water, etc. is plentiful and lines are short to nonexistent. Hoping the satellite signal will hang in for at least the first half of Bama/aTm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They just announced opening up the coliseum in Robertsdale at 1 as a last resort shelter. I wonder if the governor pressured them into it since the surrounding countries are being proactive.

I think they just dragged their feet on that. The Governor called a State of Emergency like yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.