Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. TAMU...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Well, I was waiting on an effort like this for the eeyore's to come back out. We've missed you guys! Where have you been since the Colorado State game?

Look, you gotta give some credit to TAMU. They made some good plays here and there. No, our focus isn't what is needed to be in the second half but this is part of having a young team. Even though they let them make some plays we will were up double digits almost the entire game on a good team. Yes, we have things to improve upon the coming weeks. But, to say this isn't a championship caliber team is just plain ridiculous.
This.
Ahmen.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I usually say not much about officiating b/c I realize nobody is perfect. We made enough mistakes on our own tonight w/o worrying about officiating.

Yet, the issue I have is not that it is or isn't a TD, it's the fact that they didn't review it. EVERYTHING of ours seems to be reviewed and I thought all TD's were supposedly reviewed. No way they reviewed and OK'd that in the booth that quickly. Very frustrating for this fan to not at least see the refs realize that was a VERY close one.

I continue to not understand how the SEC has the best athletes, the best coaches, the best facilities, the best fans, the best traditions but yet not-even-close-to-mid-tier officiating. IMHO, it's a pathetic stain on the SEC for not doing something about this ASAP.
Well, we'll never know, but it was such an easy call that I suspect it was reviewed.

On 3rd down before the blocked punt, our center was holding the guy that batted the ball down. The refs could have called holding in the end zone and saved JK Scott the embarrassment of a blocked punt.

The refs weren't the problem. To my eye they were consistently bad. Dropped passes and poor offensive line play were a much bigger issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I think it was Holley that mentioned Jalen was so glad to be back "home" and had lots of friends and family at game. May have contributed to lack of focus for him.

Lots of mistakes and effort to straighten out. Biggest thing was lack of focus and lack of finishing.
aTm was definitely more talented than last two teams and the team found out all are not as easy as last two weeks.

I said in other thread starters may get to play 4 quarters and they need to. They did and they did and it will help for later on in the year.

nickcut

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 3, 2015
I think with Kiffen as OC we lose this game. Thank you Daboll for keeping our O on the field.

Great win with a tough opponent and a tough crowd! It took a miracle play and a questionable reception for them to score two of their TDs. I'll take it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
At least we won...
BUT... Barely.

Special Teams stunk up the place.
Defense played poorly.
Jalen bounced the ball off of several receivers.
Really bad second half by Alabama.
Referees were on us the whole game. Were we that bad?
Finally Injuries hurt us tonight.

Pretty sure our poor showing has saved Kevin Sumlin's job for another year.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I love Bama football but my sports attention was paid elsewhere tonight. I had the pleasure to watch the Cubs blow a lead late in the game against the Nats, so I am annoyed about that.

So I watch the game from the DVR (30 minutes behind real time), and while I am not over happy about the performance, I am not annoyed or even upset about the win. Like it's been mentioned, Bama win and it gives Saban ammo with his players during the week, this is Coach's dream.

A good, solid win at a place that has, at times, been difficult place to play is always a welcome sight. With that said, I rather play football with no rules than play football with referees who don't know the rules.

Anyways, Roll Tide.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The funny thing is, A&M played their best game all year. They will stink it up down the stretch. Seems that we always break their team.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think with Kiffen as OC we lose this game. Thank you Daboll for keeping our O on the field.

Great win with a tough opponent and a tough crowd! It took a miracle play and a questionable reception for them to score two of their TDs. I'll take it.
I love the calm on the sidelines with coach Daboll. They look business like over there. I feel like he is trusted more and it shows. The shot down the field toward the end that created the pass interference was nice. I don’t know if we would have done that last year with Hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
At least we won...
BUT... Barely.

Special Teams stunk up the place.
Defense played poorly.
Jalen bounced the ball off of several receivers.
Really bad second half by Alabama.
Referees were on us the whole game. Were we that bad?
Finally Injuries hurt us tonight.

Pretty sure our poor showing has saved Kevin Sumlin's job for another year.
Barely?

Barely winning a game was Clemson in the NC last year- not us allowing 1 garbage time TD to make it an 8 point game with 17 seconds left. There was never a moment where TAMU was actually close to winning that game.

Also the defense was the bright spot. Outside of 2 miracle scrambles from their QB we pasted them. The run game was almost their whole offense coming into this game and their RB got nowhere. From the pocket their QB was garbage. We had 2 turnovers on defense. They can always play better but they definitely didn't play poorly.

Injuries never showed up in a tangible way- Buggs may have been the player of the game in relief of Hand and the passing game wasn't clicking with or without Ridley.

Some of y'all need to r-e-l-a-x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Maybe it was just one of those days for top teams, but we did win - Swooners went down, and now Michigan just fell to Michigan State. We'll come back stronger.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
First true road game of the season against a quality team that was 4-1 before tonight (and by all rights should have been undefeated).
Yeah, we didn't have our best game. Could have been more focused. But, in a very loud, hostile environment we sucked it up and made plays when needed and came out with a win.
Sometimes, you just have to tip your cap to the other team for really playing above their heads and keeping it close. This will be a good platform for CNS and a good learning experience for our team.

By the way, anybody see how the OU game turned out? Anybody watch Clemson struggle against Wake Forrest?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
The offensive line is getting bashed I see, but I thought they had really good pass protection tonight but we still couldn't pass the ball effectively with any consistency. There were some drops, but the main thing was either our receivers weren't open or Jalen wouldn't throw. He must have scrambled 15 times tonight on plays were he had time. Like the end of the half, what the heck was that? Throw the dang ball, there's 8 seconds left in the half! But it happens all game. It was very reminiscent of last year. We can't just pummel a team with a good defensive line without balance.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Defense played really well. A&M averaged 255 rushing yards going into this game; Bama held them to 71. 448 total yards; Bama held them to 308. This is with the offense not controlling the entire game.

Offense had a couple of clock eating drives that were there when needed but had too many mistakes.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm down on this win - for justified reasons - but lets just be happy we didn't come out of this week like Michigan and Oklahoma.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm down on this win - for justified reasons - but lets just be happy we didn't come out of this week like Michigan and Oklahoma.
Yup, still a W, and like I said - I'll take a one point win. I won't like it, but I'll like it a lot more than a L...

RTR!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I agree. You thought points were tough to come by tonight, wait until the iron bowl.
OM put up 23 points and 430 yards. Most of it against the ones. A decent to good O can move the ball on them. Bama is better than that if they just play their B game. Bama's D is better.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It was disappointing that we didn't move the ball better. Texas A&M was ranked #63 in total defense and #78 in scoring defense. If we have to play Clemson again how do we move the ball? Clemson is ranked #6 in total defense and #4 in scoring defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.