Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. TAMU...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
To me, when we got up 24-3, we looked like a team that was used to having the second team come in and finish games. Our first team has not finished many games. We seemed to let up, and Texas A&M started making some plays and got back in the game. We did what we had to do in order to win, but that is about it. On to Arky.
To be honest, I was feeling the same way. On the drive when we fumbled I figured we would score and then we would see Tua, Najee, etc. the next time we had the ball. What happened was probably not a bad thing in terms of what it will do with the team’s mindset. They will see another hostile crowd in a few weeks in West Georgia against a team just as capable as the one we played Saturday. Hopefully this is a lesson learned - don’t let up, don’t give their crowd the opportunity to get back into the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
No, the wrist band said "Aubreigh". You can go research the article that came out earlier in the week about a little girl who has an inoperable brain tumor who coach Saban and several players have been encouraging and praying for her.

If they made them take the wristbands off but can't call holding, PI, offsides, etc, then that itself warrants a phone call to league office. Just sorry imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do we know for a fact that this actually happened? If this actually went down as posted above, then that is absolute garbage. And this officiating crew has more to be ashamed about than just their sorry on field execution

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I expected the Aggies to score around 17 points, but I wasn't expecting all the mess we had on offense, with the OL underperforming and all the dropped balls. Did the OL actually underperform, or was their DL simply better? 41 - 19 would've looked better. But in the end, it didn't matter. Still #1 with lessons learned and at home Saturday with Arky. Time for roast pig!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I expected the Aggies to score around 17 points, but I wasn't expecting all the mess we had on offense, with the OL underperforming and all the dropped balls. Did the OL actually underperform, or was their DL simply better? 41 - 19 would've looked better. But in the end, it didn't matter. Still #1 with lessons learned and at home Saturday with Arky. Time for roast pig!
Not to mention the turnover too.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I may be the only one, but I saw one really big bright spot. With the play of the offense in general, and the O line in particular in major stretches, I thought it became the defenses game to win or lose. I thought the D in general, and the D line in particular, came through. I think we have some quality depth along the front, with our new/young guys really playing a solid game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I re-watched the game yesterday as I usually do. Our D looked good for the most part. There were those 2 plays where we didn't contain Mond, but he did scramble well with lucky throws.

I kept thinking about how most all our secondary will be gone next year... we need to focus more and make it to the playoffs this year since we have a strong chance to do so with our Defense (and offense). I expect Texas AM will keep improving each game. Maybe they can beat Auburn?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
SIAP - Breaking news: Isiah Buggs missed Alabama flight home from College Station as he is still being held by Texas A&M's left tackle :)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Wouldn't have had a problem with Kirk's touchdown if they took time to review it and come back to say "Yep. He had possession before his knee touched OOB." Instead, they don't even review it? .
Two serious questions:

1) Aren’t All TD’s reviewed or is that the NFL?

2) How do we know this one was not reviewed?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Two serious questions:

1) Aren’t All TD’s reviewed or is that the NFL?

2) How do we know this one was not reviewed?

1) No plays are automatically reviewed in CFB. All plays are eligible for review and the booth can buzz down at any time before the next snap to hold up play for an official review. Plus, coaches can take a timeout in order to ask for a review.

2) There wasn't enough time for a serious review between the end of that play and the extra point, which A&M took extraordinarily quickly.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
1) No plays are automatically reviewed in CFB. All plays are eligible for review and the booth can buzz down at any time before the next snap to hold up play for an official review. Plus, coaches can take a timeout in order to ask for a review.

2) There wasn't enough time for a serious review between the end of that play and the extra point, which A&M took extraordinarily quickly.
They were kicking the extra point while ESPN was still showing the replay.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I re-watched the game yesterday as I usually do. Our D looked good for the most part. There were those 2 plays where we didn't contain Mond, but he did scramble well with lucky throws.

I kept thinking about how most all our secondary will be gone next year... we need to focus more and make it to the playoffs this year since we have a strong chance to do so with our Defense (and offense). I expect Texas AM will keep improving each game. Maybe they can beat Auburn?
I think aTm does what aTm does best after they play Bama and enter the second half of the season.They lose 2 possibly three more games. They played their best game against us, got hyped, crowd got hyped and every game after us will not offer then the benefit of being able to "get hyped". I say they end up 8-4 possibly 7-5 after it's all said and done. Sumlin (relative to his salary) has been a big let down.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Interesting you mention this. This morning on our local sports talk radio program an LSU fan said the home team gets more plays reviewed than the visiting team. He cited several plays in the LSU/Florida game that he felt should have been reviewed, but the officials just kept the game trucking along. Yet when a play that impacted Florida success or not happened the whistle was immediately blown. He reference some stat that I guess someone somewhere has done and allegedly the home team gets more plays reviewed on their behalf than the visiting team. Interesting point I thought.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It should be pointed out that Ritter while retired from the field is in the replay booth now. I don’t know if he was the replay official for our game or if he is in the Birmingham office but I think it is worth noting.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
They will spend 10 minutes reviewing a non scoring play but not review a touchdown where the receiver traps the ball against the ground, out of bounds. Insanity!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I missed the game because I was working and my wife forgot to tape it for me. Anyone know when a replay will come on?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I need to rewatch the game but my initial impressions are that we played really sloppy for a lot of the game even in the 1st half. Defense looks good and getting Jennings back has been huge. I'm not worried about the offense short term but I'm worried about if/when we play teams like Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, etc. that have more talented defenses. I also thought it was odd that Najee and Jacobs didn't get any real work. Damien was a beast but still interesting that those 2 guys go no touches.

Also, Ronnie Harrison might just be the 2nd best DB in the country (with Minkah being #1). He has been a terror every game and his ability in coverage has seemed to greatly improve this year. I don't know how long his arms are but they look insanely long.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I need to rewatch the game but my initial impressions are that we played really sloppy for a lot of the game even in the 1st half. Defense looks good and getting Jennings back has been huge. I'm not worried about the offense short term but I'm worried about if/when we play teams like Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, etc. that have more talented defenses. I also thought it was odd that Najee and Jacobs didn't get any real work. Damien was a beast but still interesting that those 2 guys go no touches.

Also, Ronnie Harrison might just be the 2nd best DB in the country (with Minkah being #1). He has been a terror every game and his ability in coverage has seemed to greatly improve this year. I don't know how long his arms are but they look insanely long.
Outside of our chunk runs by Harris. Our oline was physically getting beat too often for my taste. Which outside of the Vandy and Ole Miss games, has been happening in every game we've played. This needs to get fixed or it will cost us a game. Georgia's defensive line (entire front seven really) ain't no joke and if they are on the other side of the LOS come the SEC Championship game and this problem hasn't been fixed. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.