What are the chances Jacob Eason transfers?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
He starts last year as a freshman. Beats out Fromm in Fall camp and then gets hurt. I don’t believe at this point that he’s going to regain his starting role. UGA just got a commitment from a stud HS QB.
The way I see it, Eason could finish the season, enroll at a JUCO for a semester and transfer in the Fall to another school and never miss a beat.
I’m not saying anything about him transferring to Bama, just him leaving UGA for greener pastures. The kid is obviously a good QB and could play somewhere. Looking for thoughts from the board.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Agree with dman, but you know UF, LSU, UT all are in need of a QB, but maybe he wants to get closer to home on the west coast. Yeah, he's gone at the end of the season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Washington and Miami have to be the early favorites. He's from Seattle. Richt recruited him to UGA and was the reason Eason committed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fromm is better, but if you take away his first receiver he becomes very average.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Fromm is better, but if you take away his first receiver he becomes very average.
I mean, maybe, but based on what? He isn't being asked to do anything and, sure enough, he isn't doing anything. Had a poor game against ND, they're only really competent opponent.

Honestly, he and Eason seem pretty similar to me, and I'd say Eason would have every reason to be ....ed at how this has played out, given what Fromm's done (i.e. not much other than get taken along for the ride by a good running game and defense).

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I think he is gone no later than the end of the season unless something happens to Jake Fromm State Farm and he is back to running the show. As between them I don't know that one is significantly better than the other. But as long as Fromm keeps them in the Win column, Smart will stick with him. No inside knowledge, just my opinion.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Catching a little of the game, his body language was not good. Was around the time he sack fumbled, but still. Don't know well enough to compare to his attitude before, just struck me as someone who did not want to be on the field and thought it might be due his current role.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I would say Eason transfers. With Justin Fields coming on board I just don't see much of a role for Eason. If Fields is as good as advertised Fromm may not even be safe as the starting QB next season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I mean, maybe, but based on what?
Fromm looks calm and composed pretty much all the time. Eason does not. Eason is still making freshman mistakes. They will probably both be very good QBs, but Fromm is far better than Eason was at this time last season, and maybe better than he is right now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
While I agree, someone mentioned, may have been Danielson, that Fromm's supporting cast on offense and defense is much better than Eason had last year.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
GrayTide is probably on target. It is generally felt that last year's OL was a liability and improvement was an off season focus. As a local, I went to the Vandy/UGA game and was sitting right where Eason got hit blindside and fumbled. I can't imagine too many people being able to hang onto the ball at that moment. Similar to JH's blindside fumble last year.
I don't think comparisons can be made unless Eason gets the start and the confidence that goes with it. CKS appears to spend genuine sideline time with Eason when he goes in/comes out, possibly reinforcing his belief in him as an important member of the team.
With all that said, no starting job probably equals transfer after the season. Wish him well either way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.