Poll: Bama Opponent Penalty Rankings Going Back To 2010

Do These Opposition Penalty Rankings Show...

• Overt Bias Against Bama

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Subliminal Bias Against Bama

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Some Levels of Incompetence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Nothing At All

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
But they did call Arkansas for holding a few times.
I looked to my wife and said something about the other team never getting called for holding (after yet another obvious hold) and low and behold a flag came out! I was dumbfounded, heh.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
My question still is, look at our opponents flags in all previous games compared to us. If they are not getting flags in most I can live with it. But if a team that gets 2 holding fouls on us average 5-6 on all others then we have a real issue to push. If teams truly are allowed more room just on us then it is a real issue. Also look at the crew calling game, they all differ. If this is how they do most games then againI have no issue. I hate flag happy crews.BUT if a crew has a big swing in what they allow from game to game it is a major problem. ALL I ask is for consistency on both teams, if they allow some holding then we can hold also. I know a few yrs back many crews went nuts on interference calls if the guys even brushed the other guy. They seem to now let some hands on tug of war. That is football in my book.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The problem with broaching this subject is the likely small-minded punitive response from officiating crews. It is not hard to imagine if such concerns were brought to the SEC - especially if done with a public statement - that our team starts getting penalized for ticky-tack interpretations of infractions nobody expects to be called to prove a point. This would have an even more deleterious effect on winning than what we currently are subjected to from the officials.

I expect that our polite "hey what about this call right here" queries to the SEC office handled through the proper channels will be the continued path at attacking this trend. We only really need them to give a fair whistle in 3 or 4 games a year anyway.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
The problem with broaching this subject is the likely small-minded punitive response from officiating crews. It is not hard to imagine if such concerns were brought to the SEC - especially if done with a public statement - that our team starts getting penalized for ticky-tack interpretations of infractions nobody expects to be called to prove a point. This would have an even more deleterious effect on winning than what we currently are subjected to from the officials.

I expect that our polite "hey what about this call right here" queries to the SEC office handled through the proper channels will be the continued path at attacking this trend. We only really need them to give a fair whistle in 3 or 4 games a year anyway.
We sure could have used the fair whistle in the Clemson game last year and didn't get it. Cost us a national championship and being in the discussion of the greatest team ever

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We sure could have used the fair whistle in the Clemson game last year and didn't get it. Cost us a national championship and being in the discussion of the greatest team ever
That was still the best team ever, IMO. That loss didn't change that in my mind. What you accomplished last season, when the entire schedule of ranked opponents is taken into consideration, has never even been approached before.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
That was still the best team ever, IMO. That loss didn't change that in my mind. What you accomplished last season, when the entire schedule of ranked opponents is taken into consideration, has never even been approached before.
I agree, but it's hard to make that argument with a loss, especially the last game. It's a pity. Bama played 10 AP ranked teams, including the other top 4 teams in the final poll: Clemson, Washington and USC. But for OM and Clemson, they crushed every other team by at least 17, 3 scores.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I agree, but it's hard to make that argument with a loss, especially the last game. It's a pity. Bama played 10 AP ranked teams, including the other top 4 teams in the final poll: Clemson, Washington and USC. But for OM and Clemson, they crushed every other team by at least 17, 3 scores.
I had no issue in last years NC game, we had many chances to put it away and did not. Clemson played a rel good game, will never take that away from them. They were better that night, play that game 10 times I still think it comes out 5-5. 2 very good teams with different styles that was the best NC game in over a decade.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Alabama makes a big jump, now 117 out of 130 in penalties called against opponents

I think we can think Jonathan kongbo for making that happen :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.