Arky QB Allen likely to play with shoulder injury

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Re: Army QB Allen likely to play with shoulder injury

I read that he hurt his throwing shoulder. I guess they want to play him since he's a senior and he probably wants to play, but he will get hurt when our defense gets to him. He has been tough last year and this year but his body is taking its toll. His backup is 6'7', 270. That is huge QB! I read he threw for more yards in the 4th quarter than AA did all game. Let's just hope he is not dual threat!
Cole Kelly is his name and he has a cannon for an arm. His aim on the other hand.....
The kid can fall forward and gain 3 yards.
Doesn't really matter who they put in there with that porous O-line.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

That poor guy.

He could get seriously, permanently, hurt, and sent out there by a guy who was born to play Benjy in Of Mice and Men

Anybody who's seen The Lost Battalion knows the parallels between Austin and Whittlesey.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Maybe we'll get a good lead before Allen gets hurt and Bert will have enough common sense to get him out. We'll see come Saturday.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Nothing but respect for a kid like this. Imagine how hard his o-line is going to play trying to protect him. I hope that he doesn't get permanently hurt.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm glad to see that everyone is in the same page. Hopefully we win, he walks away unscathed, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Arky's Oline could just hold our guys. It is not like the refs will call it anyway.
no doubt

reading the article, I would have assumed this was just coach speak to make us prepare for both guys, and that allen would not play. It's kinda funny that it looks like no one is assuming bert is smart enough to come up with a strategy like that...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Have a bad feeling about this and whatever happens will be on Bert. I still feel bad for Mettenberger.....and this was 100% on Les....

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US

Since Fran ordered him out there and Lane wasn't happy about it, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a QT settlement made...
This was heartbreaking when I first learned this several years ago. I had met Tyler and Lane at an autograph session in Pelham. Lane playing through a blown out knee was the kind of gutsy performance you read about the old school players at Alabama. At the time I understood that the medical staff said he couldn't hurt it any worse unless there was contact and they couldn't keep Lane off the field because he was such a competitor. He embodied everything that makes you a legend at a place like Alabama and I was thrilled to speak to him for a few minutes.

A few years later, Earle pointed out that every kick was excruciating and Fran had basically guilted him into playing. Any remaining respect I had for fRan was gone at that moment. I sincerely regret spending time discussing the injury with him once I understood the entire situation. I remember him always heading to the stationary bike to work the pain out following each kick.

You always want to assume your school and staff always put the best interest of the players first and then you hear stories of the way injuries to Travis Carrol and Lane Bearden were managed leaving you just shaking your head. I am so thankful for the current staff and administration for bringing in the very best equipment for recovery along with a great medical team.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This was heartbreaking when I first learned this several years ago. I had met Tyler and Lane at an autograph session in Pelham. Lane playing through a blown out knee was the kind of gutsy performance you read about the old school players at Alabama. At the time I understood that the medical staff said he couldn't hurt it any worse unless there was contact and they couldn't keep Lane off the field because he was such a competitor. He embodied everything that makes you a legend at a place like Alabama and I was thrilled to speak to him for a few minutes.

A few years later, Earle pointed out that every kick was excruciating and Fran had basically guilted him into playing. Any remaining respect I had for fRan was gone at that moment. I sincerely regret spending time discussing the injury with him once I understood the entire situation. I remember him always heading to the stationary bike to work the pain out following each kick.

You always want to assume your school and staff always put the best interest of the players first and then you hear stories of the way injuries to Travis Carrol and Lane Bearden were managed leaving you just shaking your head. I am so thankful for the current staff and administration for bringing in the very best equipment for recovery along with a great medical team.
I don't understand how it was medically cleared, TBF. To guarantee there will be no further damage is shaky, to say the least. You have a tibia banging around in there without mooring, grating against cartilage with every shock accompanying the kick. I just don't know how they could say "no further damage."

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Fortunately, he was blessed with not one, but two shoulders.

I remember Lane Bearden. I still think it was crazy sending him out to punt in the condition he was in.
I disliked your post, because it makes me sad to remember. Poor Lane.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Since Fran ordered him out there and Lane wasn't happy about it, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a QT settlement made...
I've never considered that. In retrospect, it seems likely, although with all the animosity directed at Fran it also seems likely the settlement would have leaked, to reflect poorly on Fran, if nothing else. I never knew it was Bearden's preference to not kick, but that he did it at Fran's insistence. That puts Fran right back in Fulmer/Paterno territory as the most disgusting person involved with college football.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I imagine both QB for Arky will play (after AA gets hit one too many times). It seems from reading their football blogs that the O Line performs better (although still not great) with Cole Kelly in the game. Our defense should be prepared for both. Cole Kelly will be much more difficult to tackle. Maybe we will get at least 2 NOT's in this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.