Florida Unveils New Uniforms for Texas A&M Game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Per ESPN, Florida may be without 5 starters for their game against aTm. How many starters was Alabama without last week? Seems like it was way more than 5 by the end of the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ha.....funny stuff in the thread!!!

Bama's uniform has always been the best in college football - a bar set very high and one that no one will ever reach.

Nike's objective is to provide special effects more than anything traditional so that's what we are seeing here.

Personally, I'd rather see Albert on the helmet than the Gator head.....other than that......I agree with the poster on our Gator forum who said.....

Only for 1 game, unless we score 50
:p

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Bama's uniform has always been the best in college football - a bar set very high and one that no one will ever reach.

Nike's objective is to provide special effects more than anything traditional so that's what we are seeing here.

Personally, I'd rather see Albert on the helmet than the Gator head.....other than that......I agree with the poster on our Gator forum who said.....

I would say that if Florida scored 50 (since it's been over 2 years since that's happened) that I'd buy one of these and wear it but I'm pretty sure that my skin would revolt and slide off rather than touch the thing. :biggrin:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Given the recent fraud CJM has had to deal with, I halfway expected something that included more "prison jumpsuit" orange...

:cool:

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Constant change goes with living. The values I hold dear are either outlawed or jeered at. Now this crap. If Bama ever changes to this carp I will have to cheer for them, I guess. Or maybe just listen to Eli.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Constant change goes with living. The values I hold dear are either outlawed or jeered at. Now this crap. If Bama ever changes to this carp I will have to cheer for them, I guess. Or maybe just listen to Eli.
Eli is too good at describing stuff. You'd know exactly what they look like even listening.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Nike's objective is to sucker fans out of their hard earned money so that's what we are seeing here.

FIFY, Baz. :wink:

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
FWIW, just my opinion, but I agree with those who say it sets a new standard in atrociously ugly football uni's.

Though the helmet itself inst horrible. The rest IS.

LOVE all the .gif's in the replies! Nice work.

As for Coach Mac, I agree that since he's now giving interviews, we've learned he's a pretty weird dude. I still like him. I agree that almost no coach could win with the losses of talent they've suffered this year. Injuries happen to everyone, and coaches can't control All the stupid things players do.... Still, it was pretty bad stuff...... I do think Coach Mac is a "good coach", but I also think the clock is ticking for him in Gainseville, and the way things look at the moment, its even money at best that he's still the HC there come January. If ANYTHING saves him this winter, it will be the fact that he won the SEC-E 2 of his first 3 years.

As for Nike - well, I'm pretty sure Nike wants every "Nike School" to wear at least 12 different uniforms each year - heck, they'd probably like each team to change at Halftime and have 24+ different Uni's - because there ARE people who will go out and drop $70-100 for every "Special Jersey their dopey team wears....

Seriously, if there's ANYONE out there who still believes the NZAA Myth that CFB is an "Amateur Sport" played by "Student Athletes"..... Really, at this point you must be willfully deceiving yourself.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
NCAA needs to step in, this has gotten to ugly(pun intended) protect these schools from themselves LOL. I love we have a uniform everyone knows at first sight. Today I have to take a double take to realize who is playing. The weekly changes are stupid. Put on the uniform that the school is most associated with. Flash does not win or lose games. Thankfully we wear ours like they have basically been for decades. Hard to improve on perfection, simple, clean and just beautiful.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I kinda like the gator scales on the jersey and undershirt. I'm not sure why it is gray.

The gun metal gray of the helmet, maybe, represents the guns of the alligator hunters that choot 'em.

Not cool enough to be UF's everyday jersey, but the players probably like it as well as some the fans that will go out and buy them.
I think that gray looking color is supposed to be "gator green". Just doesn't come across well with computer colors.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That has to be the UGLIEST uniform that I've EVER seen! If I were a Gator player, and I would NEVER be, I would refuse to even put that thing on! This makes me like even Oregon's UGLY uniforms.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.