Florida Unveils New Uniforms for Texas A&M Game

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Its ironic that an article a couple of weeks ago ranked Bama and Penn State and the worst (not ugliest) uni's in college football. Oregon et al were ranked at the top. It stated that coaches used the new uniforms as a recruiting tool and the kids loved the new unis.

What it did point out was that Bama unis were one of the more recognizable in college football and we had the number one recruiting class for several years running.

I hope the terminator look works out for the swamp lizards, they are no as ugly as that god awful uni that the University of Maryland wore.

Maybe in 40 years you millennials will get you elephant skin unis and tusk on the helmets. We are pretty safe as long as CNS is head coach.
I must disagree with this as recruiting tool, we have landed best recruits for years with original uni's. Kids who play for a uni are not worth having. Real players want what we have, a super large trophy case, and pipeline to NFL.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
After what has come to light in basketball, is anyone worried that stunts like this are just more rogue apparel companies throwing cash around to get teams to wear ugly uniforms for publicity? My first thought was someone got a nice handout at UF to push these uniforms. Maybe the basketball case has ruined my perception of college athletics where I now see $$$ behind every move.
Just my opinion, but it didn't ruin your perception as much as it opened your eyes to the REALITY of what's been going on for decades.

You think there are schools playing on Thursday or Friday nights because they enjoy screwing their fans over; making travel a pain in the rear, and cheating HS's out of paying crowds? Do you think Alabama - arguably one of THE biggest draws in CFB TV ratings these days - submits to 8:00 pm kickoffs because the school wants to ruin the weekend and make the game really difficult for our fans, and make it more dangerous for those driving home - to be on the road at 1 am instead of 6 or 8 pm?

No, of course not! - its all done for Mammon - the force that's utterly RULED the CFB world for many, many years now. Schools would (and do) "sell their souls" for the TV dollar. And the fans be "durned"......

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I saw this said elsewhere, but if Florida wants to wear alternates, wear these. In fact, just make these your primary uniforms again.

Yes, those were worn during the 2006 revenge game against us, after we'd beaten them 31-3 the year before. They are the sharpest I've ever seen Florida look in a game. I think they are throwbacks from the Steve Spurrier playing days (mid 60s).
I like these and the white ones worn in the 2009 SEC CG. Those were pretty sharp :)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I must disagree with this as recruiting tool, we have landed best recruits for years with original uni's. Kids who play for a uni are not worth having. Real players want what we have, a super large trophy case, and pipeline to NFL.
Yup - look at there top classes for the last five years:
2013: Bama, OSU, ND, UF, Michigan
2014: Bama, LSU, OSU, FSU, Tenn
2015: USC, Bama, FSU, Clemson, Tenn
2016: Bama, FSU, OSU, Michigan, LSU
2017: Bama, OSU, UGA, Michigan, FSU

No uniform silliness needed. Solid coaches inviting players to come play for championships.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I totally agree with you on that, if a kid make his choice of colleges on the unis they wear I would not want him. But the article clearly states some of this kids are swayed by that. SMH

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Can anyone look at 11 of these on a 65” hi-def and not think someone just squirted a bottle of French’s all over it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am of the opinion that it is bad for my TV and immediately change the channel. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
This is a brilliant ploy - takes attention from the issues within the program

Maybe LSU will come out with an African or Jungle Cat Version

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ran into my buddy Hardy Jones this morning.

You know.....the Hardy Jones UA graduate during the Bear Bryant era.

The Hardy Jones who every time we see each other we each yell out "Rammer Jammer!" (something I initiated actually) :)

Well.......put this in the for what it's worth category......before I could say anything this morning Hardy says (in a very enthusiastic tone I might add)..."I love those uniforms ya'll got for the A&M game....WOW......those are amazing!!!"

Myself....I'm on the fence......I don't hate nor love them.

No hard feelings either way...it's a talk forum and we're here to discuss and share opinions.

I do feel the unis will look better in live action than in the pics.....looking forward to it!

:)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
What's all the fuss about? I don't think the new uni's look all that bad.

Maybe it actually helps our run defense? ;)

To be fair to the facts of the case this is a more accurate representation of the new uni's. ;)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I totally agree with you on that, if a kid make his choice of colleges on the unis they wear I would not want him. But the article clearly states some of this kids are swayed by that. SMH
Again I say we do not want any kid swayed by a uniform, if a kid is swayed by a uniform I worry what else will sway them? To me only 2 things should factor for a HS player, and those 2 things depend on the player and his level of skill. If you are in the elite and have possible NFL talent then play where you can get to NFL, if you are good and can get a scholarship, but not much chance at NFL then education should be key reason. But we are talking about kids so who knows, free wifi may sway them LOL.I truly worry about a kid that a uniform would have any impact at all, this kid is not grounded and scares me to death. This is the kind of kid who will make bad decisions and most likely land the school in NCAA trouble at some point. Thankfully Nick Saban is well aware of that and has seem to recruit not only great players but players with BRAINS.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
They look awful and embarrassing everywhere. There's no excuse for a successful team with classic looking unis to wear trash like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.