Florida Unveils New Uniforms for Texas A&M Game

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I swear those unis look completely gray on my monitor. I was surprised when I watched on TV that they were green. I really like 'em. They're really sharp.

Sorry, Bazza, that your team lost. I was rooting for you.

Must be something in the water up in Oregon.:biggrin2:

Last edited:

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Re: Florida Unveils New Uniforms for Texas A&M Game

I think it's safe to say Sumlin is safe for this year.
Kevin Sumlin is a good coach. Is he 5.5M/yr good? Absolutely not!!! But...comma...however what does aTm want?..They are still aTm. 8-10 wins and go bowling every year w/CNS in your division? What more can you really expect? Schools are paying more for just as much (looking at you Harbaugh).

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sorry Bazza - I really thought CJM was the answer, but despite the injuries and such I have my doubts at this point.
I agree. If Nuss isn't fired during the off week then Mac is officially on the hot seat. I just don't understand why anyone would hire Nuss and be so loyal to him when he is constantly the problem. This is worse than the Miles-Cameron relationship. Atleast Miles could say "I won a NC as a head coach so I think I know what I'm doing". Noone cares who the coordinator was. Come on Kiffin could say twice, Pelini could say 1 and a SB, and Charlie Weiss could say 3 SBs as coordinators and position coaches. CJM doesn't have any more room to argue why Nuss should be employed anymore if he doesn't want to go down with him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
With all due respect....I think some of the comments about Mac and/or Nuss getting the boot are very premature.

We lost both our last two games by only 1 point each, so we were competitive, despite fielding a very depleted squad.

Was some of the play calling suspect last night? You bet. I was infuriated last night at the very end when we ran the ball 3 straight times with the last run (on 3rd down) coming out of a lone setback formation into a 8 man box trying to get just 2 stinking yards. Everyone in the universe knew what was coming. Ugh! But we punt and our punter fails to get the ball out of bounds and aTm gets a 45 yard return, so that's a failed execution, not coaching error. And last week we missed an extra point which was the difference in the game...not coaching related.

I know....optics.

I know I will get hammered for saying this but we are still in the running to win the SEC East. We have 2 weeks to hopefully get some injured players back and I hope our players and staff will take something away from these last 2 losses and do better next time.

I've said this before and it bears repeating. I would like to see how Mac and Nuss do with the same starting QB for the entire year. No injuries. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Frustrating but let's see what happens in Jacksonville.....you never know.....:rolleye2:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With all due respect....I think some of the comments about Mac and/or Nuss getting the boot are very premature.
Maybe with Mac, but definitely not with Nuss. We know both very well.

We lost both our last two games by only 1 point each, so we were competitive, despite fielding a very depleted squad.
The problem with this is eventually you are going to have to say " where do I see this going?". Shula lost Brodie in 2004, Prothro in 2005, and was under sanctions. Aside from the 2003 LSU and UGA games he didn't really get blown out. Do you think he deserved the criticism that Bama fans gave him with those factors?

I've said this before and it bears repeating. I would like to see how Mac and Nuss do with the same starting QB for the entire year. No injuries. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Frustrating but let's see what happens in Jacksonville.....you never know.....:rolleye2:
Yeah you can find that Nuss had the best ppg in the CNS run, but he had the one of the best qb and wr the SEC ever saw. Everyone loves jumping on Kiffin about losing close games, but usually ignores Nuss. Mainly because Kiffin's losses were to Hugh Freeze and Urban Meyer, and Nuss's were to Sumlin and Gus. Yeah Gus should swing the argument, but Foster's missed field goals usually take focus away from the stuffed runs and AJ's passing day.

I'm telling you Nuss is a huge reason that yall are struggling. Yes injuries factor into it, but where is the quality of depth and offensive ingenuity? CJM needs to get rid of him or he is going to find out what CNS and Brady Hoke found out too late about Nuss.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
@Bazza - I am glad that you haven't given up on your team or head coach. I am just hopeful that you saw how ugly those uniforms were under the cameras. FL looked sloppy in those uniforms because the cut was terrible.

The regular FL uniforms are cool, and the history of FL's play in those uniforms makes the team more intimidating when they take the field. When FL took the field in the swamp lizard uniforms, they just looked like a mess - and that was before the ball was even put into play.

As for Nuss - his play calling is just too conservative and predictable. That doesn't change with better personnel, it is just more effective. He is calling games as if he had Alabama's backfield, and he does not.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Bazza, I went to the game with a Gator friend and Florida basically gave that game away. But the truth of the matter is, Nuss needs to go. Also, I said in another thread that I thought Franks would be a good one, but I was wrong. He will never be better than average at best. You'll need a QB along with a new OC.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
@Bazza - I am glad that you haven't given up on your team or head coach. I am just hopeful that you saw how ugly those uniforms were under the cameras. FL looked sloppy in those uniforms because the cut was terrible.

The regular FL uniforms are cool, and the history of FL's play in those uniforms makes the team more intimidating when they take the field. When FL took the field in the swamp lizard uniforms, they just looked like a mess - and that was before the ball was even put into play.

As for Nuss - his play calling is just too conservative and predictable. That doesn't change with better personnel, it is just more effective. He is calling games as if he had Alabama's backfield, and he does not.
When I was looking at the uniforms on here they appeared to be more gray than on TV. They were definitely gator green on TV though and they looked really bad. The color on my computer really misled me on those.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
One other thing Bazza, when you are in the stadium, you can't read the numbers or names on those new uni's. I hope they never wear them again.
It was a one time deal, Moro. Thanks for your observations. Regarding Nuss....I hear what you're saying but I'm still waiting for us to have one full season with the same starting QB.....AND all of our play makers playing. IMHO, our coaching staff is working miracles right now with what we are working with.....regardless of how some see it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.