Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls

Our Cub Scout pack is going the “family scouting” path in the fall. Idk if we will get a response to it or not in our small community. When I first read the article about this on Scouting Wire a while back, it was clear to me this was about one thing- boosting declining numbers & not so much a PC move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls

Scouts of America

#smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My entirety of thought on this can be summed up by episode of the Brady Bunch where Marsha joins the Frontier Scouts.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, why did you sever your ties with them?
    You can ask and I'm not offended but it's a very long story I'm not comfortable discussing.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Couldn't care less.

BSA membership has been rapidly declining for years for a variety of reasons - it was this or watch it wither and die completely.

IMO it's really more of a reflection of a society that has lost touch with nature and is more happy living in the suburbs staring at a screen than anything else.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Couldn't care less.

BSA membership has been rapidly declining for years for a variety of reasons - it was this or watch it wither and die completely.

IMO it's really more of a reflection of a society that has lost touch with nature and is more happy living in the suburbs staring at a screen than anything else.
    If an EMP went off and knocked off all power, 80% of all people would just die or go insane in about 20 minutes.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    You can ask and I'm not offended but it's a very long story I'm not comfortable discussing.
    Understand. Thanks anyway.

Just scanned this pic of me back when we lived in Norfolk. That stereo behind me is a Zenith....an upgrade from the smaller Capehart we started with. My Dad loved to listen to his records....

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous and kind. Brave clean and reverent. Not a bad memory from 50 odd years ago.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Couldn't care less.

Pretty how much I feel. It doesn’t effect me at all so I don’t care. I was a Scout for about three years as a kid and hated it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut down completely by the middle of the century.

I also agree it reflects a shift away from traditional Scouting activities. Which is fine with me as I don’t care if people play video games and don’t go camping.

A friend added me to her joke site. Some of the jokes are funny; some are crude and tasteless. The worst of all was today - a pic of a pretty 14-year old girl with the subtitle "Camping in the woods was fun. Now, I'm going to be a mommy." I recorded a sour comment that it might have been funny but some jerk stealing the face of a real child for a cheap laugh was way over the line, so far as I'm concerned. It's OK it they want to pitch me off...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    A friend added me to her joke site. Some of the jokes are funny; some are crude and tasteless. The worst of all was today - a pic of a pretty 14-year old girl with the subtitle "Camping in the woods was fun. Now, I'm going to be a mommy." I recorded a sour comment that it might have been funny but some jerk stealing the face of a real child for a cheap laugh was way over the line, so far as I'm concerned. It's OK it they want to pitch me off...
    Good for you, Earle.

I really don't understand why our value system has deteriorated so badly.

Cursing in movies and TV. Crude "jokes".

We've been on a slide since the 60's.....sad and disgusting for me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Good for you, Earle.

I really don't understand why our value system has deteriorated so badly.

Cursing in movies and TV. Crude "jokes".

We've been on a slide since the 60's.....sad and disgusting for me.

We're no longer shocked.

I've always said Trump is an EFFECT, he's not a CAUSE.

We had a recording of a man running for President talking locker room talk about them womens. The next step in the parade is a politician being caught on Hi Def video with an underage girl.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.