Boy Scouts Matters...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Here's the important part -- who gets to determine if they are useful?

What's useful to me may not be useful to you.....
I don't even get where you are going with this. I clearly don't think Rush is a productive member of society and think he tarnishes the political conversation as opposed to elevate it. That's my opinion. It also seems clear you feel differently. Obviously I don't get to decide who has a voice and I'm not advocating for Rush to be silenced.

All I'm saying is that alternative opinions aren't inherently good simply because they are alternative. Does anyone seriously think Scientology is a good thing because it is an alternative religion?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't even get where you are going with this. I clearly don't think Rush is a productive member of society and think he tarnishes the political conversation as opposed to elevate it. That's my opinion. It also seems clear you feel differently. Obviously I don't get to decide who has a voice and I'm not advocating for Rush to be silenced.

All I'm saying is that alternative opinions aren't inherently good simply because they are alternative. Does anyone seriously think Scientology is a good thing because it is an alternative religion?
the mere questioning of people is akin to silencing them through force. it's part of the victimhood manifesto

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Again -- one of the joys of being an American, is that something like Scientology (good or bad) is allowed to exist provided it follows the law. Who gets to determine which "Alternate" lifestyle choices are acceptable and which ones aren't?

My point is -- because you don't believe in an alternate lifestyle doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed to exist. If it violates a law -- then there are ways to control or eliminate it. But - if it's not breaking a law -- why not allow it to have a voice?

Who gets to determine which alternative opinions are or aren't good? You keep making statements that suggest that some are valid and some are invalid. Who gets to decide?

Majority rules? Please explain how we do that.....

If you had the power to silence Rush, would you?

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Again -- one of the joys of being an American, is that something like Scientology (good or bad) is allowed to exist provided it follows the law. Who gets to determine which "Alternate" lifestyle choices are acceptable and which ones aren't?

My point is -- because you don't believe in an alternate lifestyle doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed to exist. If it violates a law -- then there are ways to control or eliminate it. But - if it's not breaking a law -- why not allow it to have a voice?

Who gets to determine which alternative opinions are or aren't good? You keep making statements that suggest that some are valid and some are invalid. Who gets to decide?

Majority rules? Please explain how we do that.....
I didn't say that it shouldn't be allowed to exist or shouldn't have a voice. I obviously have opinions about what ideas and voices are beneficial and which aren't. I assume most people do.

I honestly don't know that I've ever heard a relativism argument from a conservative before this.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I didn't say that it shouldn't be allowed to exist or shouldn't have a voice. I obviously have opinions about what ideas and voices are beneficial and which aren't. I assume most people do.

I honestly don't know that I've ever heard a relativism argument from a conservative before this.
you must be new here

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I didn't say that it shouldn't be allowed to exist or shouldn't have a voice. I obviously have opinions about what opinions are beneficial and which aren't. I assume most people do.

Most people see "viewpoint" as a starting point for their opinions. It's not just a liberal approach. The reason people believe that Conservatives (by definition) prefer the Status Quo -- is because that's their viewpoint of the world -- change equals risk. Risk equals scary. Not because they are racist, or "phobic" -- but because their view has been limited in some way.

But using Rush as the example -- he was the "new" voice -- and was entering a field dominated by center-left thinking. He was the intruder/invader, etc changing how people think. Those who controlled the environment hated him. He was a minor voice in a field controlled by alternate thinking. That situation has been seen for decades in our country -- every time a minor voice tries to overcome majority thinking. It's part of what makes our country unique.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I worked very hard to attain the Eagle Scout rank. If you haven't made it all the way through you have no idea the amount of work, toughness, and perseverance it takes. No one does it on their own and you learn to work within the framework provided with the other young men that continually fall to the wayside while they make any excuse for their shortcomings and oftentimes try to pull you down with them. No substitution for the full amount of work is abided. This action cheapens the effort that myself and the few like me put into it for a true honor of distinction.

I am deeply disappointed in the Scouting Organization for caving to the pressure of outside forces that no longer allow men to have anything of their very own. Certainly not anything of any value. The bonds of fraternity have been broken by allowing the weak to lead and the strong to be cast aside by the wailing multitude of the common.

Shameful that this is the example of leadership that this generation is now fooled into believing is just.
Agree 100%. And i'm guessing that won't be too popular around here.....

But this was the inevitable result of a series of capitulations, starting with the tragic decision to allow homosexual men to groom... er... excuse me.... I mean, "Lead" Boy Scouts groups.

Sadly, authentic masculinity is now viewed as a disease in our society, which is one reason our culture is in the toilet. - witness the current generation of "Soy Boys" who's only "leadership" skill is "Virtue signalling".

Male leadership training was once viewed as a positive endeavor by our society, but now it's a "problem" that has be dealt with by hanging curtains. IF you think the standards won't be changed, Respectfully, you are simply engaging in self-deception. It's happened in EVERY all male organization that's gone co-ed in America.

AND If you think 15-18 year old males are even remotely capable of behaving the same way when 15-18 year old females are present, respectfully, you either have Alzheimer's, or you've not yet reached 15 years old! So right off the bat the quality of the "Leadership" training (at least for the males) is going to take a hit.

But on the positive side, perhaps they will offer a new merit badge in "Playing Doctor" - maybe they will call it, "Applied Human Biology"..... & Gosh, campouts will be SOOOOOOO different!

And just for fun - yet another perspective:
Bigoted Boy Scouts Welcome Girls But Still Exclude All 49,247 Other Genders - https://babylonbee.com/news/bigoted-boy-scouts-welcome-girls-but-still-exclude-all-49247-other-genders/

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Agree 100%. And i'm guessing that won't be too popular around here.....

But this was the inevitable result of a series of capitulations, starting with the tragic decision to allow homosexual men to groom... er... excuse me.... I mean, "Lead" Boy Scouts groups.

Sadly, authentic masculinity is now viewed as a disease in our society, which is one reason our culture is in the toilet. - witness the current generation of "Soy Boys" who's only "leadership" skill is "Virtue signalling".

Male leadership training was once viewed as a positive endeavor by our society, but now it's a "problem" that has be dealt with by hanging curtains. IF you think the standards won't be changed, Respectfully, you are simply engaging in self-deception. It's happened in EVERY all male organization that's gone co-ed in America.

AND If you think 15-18 year old males are even remotely capable of behaving the same way when 15-18 year old females are present, respectfully, you either have Alzheimer's, or you've not yet reached 15 years old! So right off the bat the quality of the "Leadership" training (at least for the males) is going to take a hit.

But on the positive side, perhaps they will offer a new merit badge in "Playing Doctor" - maybe they will call it, "Applied Human Biology"..... & Gosh, campouts will be SOOOOOOO different!

And just for fun - yet another perspective:
Bigoted Boy Scouts Welcome Girls But Still Exclude All 49,247 Other Genders - https://babylonbee.com/news/bigoted-boy-scouts-welcome-girls-but-still-exclude-all-49247-other-genders/

i hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of "authentically masculine" homosexuals out there.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
i hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of "authentically masculine" homosexuals out there.
Respectfully, It's not about "Machismo", or being physically fit, or physically strong, or physically aggressive or violent. Freddie Mercury was probably all those things.....

TO put it simply, "Authentic Masculinity" is simply being a "Gentleman" in the classic sense. It's not a "disease", and it's not about abusing, mistreating or denigrating women - quite the opposite.

Stated another way, it's the opposite of the form of male behavior favored by liberal culture today - the "Soy Boy".

DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Respectfully, It's not about "Machismo", or being physically fit, or physically strong, or physically aggressive or violent. Freddie Mercury was probably all those things.....

TO put it simply, "Authentic Masculinity" is simply being a "Gentleman" in the classic sense. It's not a "disease", and it's not about abusing, mistreating or denigrating women - quite the opposite.

Stated another way, it's the opposite of the form of male behavior favored by liberal culture today - the "Soy Boy".

DELETED
respectfully, that really doesn't make a lot of sense.

i have to say, this is the first time i have ever hear the term soy boy. i guess i need to get out more, or at least visit some different websites. i had to look it up. i must have not gotten the memo from liberal culture that this is the preferred form of male behavior. i've got some work to do to get with the program.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

DELETED

I'm very offended by this incoherent definition of a made up word.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
respectfully, that really doesn't make a lot of sense.

i have to say, this is the first time i have ever hear the term soy boy. i guess i need to get out more, or at least visit some different websites. i had to look it up. i must have not gotten the memo from liberal culture that this is the preferred form of male behavior. i've got some work to do to get with the program.

They maybe phasing you out of the group. The warning signs are there. Stop being included in memo distributions. Stopped being a part of meetings that you normally are a part of? Did they send you your coupon to renew your yearly membership? Or was it "lost in the mail"? ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As long as one's actions don't cause harm to others, I really don't care how one acts. Never had a soy boy (a new term to me as well) bother me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.