Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    We're no longer shocked.

I've always said Trump is an EFFECT, he's not a CAUSE.

We had a recording of a man running for President talking locker room talk about them womens. The next step in the parade is a politician being caught on Hi Def video with an underage girl.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.
    I think so too.....it's a slide going down.....I don't think we will ever recover either.

A phrase I have used for some time: "The Demise of Mankind".

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Good for you, Earle.

I really don't understand why our value system has deteriorated so badly.

Cursing in movies and TV. Crude "jokes".

We've been on a slide since the 60's.....sad and disgusting for me.
    What passes for comedy on television is nothing more than snide remarks and the trading of insults.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    We're no longer shocked.

I've always said Trump is an EFFECT, he's not a CAUSE.

We had a recording of a man running for President talking locker room talk about them womens. The next step in the parade is a politician being caught on Hi Def video with an underage girl.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.
    I Hope you are wrong

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

You never know just how bad the TV, movies, and music you like really are until a child is in the room.

We certainly are desensitized.

BamaNation All-American

You'd think the rapture had started based on the turn this thread has made. but it all seriousness, humans have done a lot worse things than curse on tv throughout history.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    You'd think the rapture had started based on the turn this thread has made. but it all seriousness, humans have done a lot worse things than curse on tv throughout history.
    About the only thing that has changed regarding American society today compared to "the good ole days" is people are doing and saying in public what they used to do, think or say in private.

In the "good ole days", rather than people using "dirty language" in public, they'd simply wait until they got behind closed doors and do it. Does that make them any more moral? Nope, it just means they were putting up a facade to who they really were on the inside. You can apply that to marriages, public figures, and most other things we point to as a sign that we are less moral. "Man" has always been immoral in most categories we point to. It didn't just start today or because President "so and so" took office etc. It's just more acceptable to put on display than before. But that doesn't make it less moral. It just means some aren't putting up facades of who they really are anymore. It's kind of liberating in some way to know who people are up front.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; May 7th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7e1da464ce77

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said Tuesday it will sever all ties with the Boy Scouts of America, ending a century-old tradition deeply ingrained in the religious life of Mormon boys.
    The Mormon Church, as it is more commonly known, said in its announcement that it has “increasingly felt the need to create and implement a uniform youth leadership and development program that serves its members globally.” The two organizations “jointly determined” that as of Dec. 31, 2019, the church will no longer be a chartered partner of the Scouts, it said in a joint statement with the Boy Scouts.
    They didn't give a specific reason for this, but they are starting their own program for boys of Scouting age.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Yeah, some have even bogarted the midget trannies.

any time i read "latter-day saints", i think of this.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Everyone has their own set of standards. Sometimes it has to do with how old they are. Sometimes how they were raised. Sometimes the environment they were raised in. Or a combination of all three.

Of course humans have done worse things than curse on TV. Rape and murder included. There are always "worse things". Doesn't make the cursing OK, does it? If so...why isn't it allowed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    About the only thing that has changed regarding American society today compared to "the good ole days" is people are doing and saying in public what they used to do, think or say in private.

In the "good ole days", rather than people using "dirty language" in public, they'd simply wait until they got behind closed doors and do it. Does that make them any more moral? Nope, it just means they were putting up a facade to who they really were on the inside. You can apply that to marriages, public figures, and most other things we point to as a sign that we are less moral. "Man" has always been immoral in most categories we point to. It didn't just start today or because President "so and so" took office etc. It's just more acceptable to put on display than before. But that doesn't make it less moral. It just means some aren't putting up facades of who they really are anymore. It's kind of liberating in some way to know who people are up front.
    I agree with most of what you wrote - people are still hypocrites.

It's just my opinion though that our value system has crumbled badly.

I don't see it ever returning either, but who knows....I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud....

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Everyone has their own set of standards. Sometimes it has to do with how old they are. Sometimes how they were raised. Sometimes the environment they were raised in. Or a combination of all three.

Of course humans have done worse things than curse on TV. Rape and murder included. There are always "worse things". Doesn't make the cursing OK, does it? If so...why isn't it allowed here?

I agree with most of what you wrote - people are still hypocrites.

It's just my opinion though that our value system has crumbled badly.

I don't see it ever returning either, but who knows....I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud....
    But by historical standards our value system hasn't crumbled. My point about there being worse things is that society has continued to move on despite people doing bad stuff sometimes. So, sure talk about how certain values have changed and if it is against your values you can gripe about it, but that's hardly the "Demise of Mankind."

I'm not really trying to argue that cursing is moral or immoral just saying that the world isn't ending and our value system as a whole is no worse than it has been at other points in history. I mean women couldn't even vote 100 years ago. I would rate that as much worse than cursing on TV.