Boy Scouts Matters...

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
My entirety of thought on this can be summed up by episode of the Brady Bunch where Marsha joins the Frontier Scouts.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Couldn't care less.

BSA membership has been rapidly declining for years for a variety of reasons - it was this or watch it wither and die completely.

IMO it's really more of a reflection of a society that has lost touch with nature and is more happy living in the suburbs staring at a screen than anything else.

Reactions: Crimson1967

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Couldn't care less.

BSA membership has been rapidly declining for years for a variety of reasons - it was this or watch it wither and die completely.

IMO it's really more of a reflection of a society that has lost touch with nature and is more happy living in the suburbs staring at a screen than anything else.
If an EMP went off and knocked off all power, 80% of all people would just die or go insane in about 20 minutes.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just scanned this pic of me back when we lived in Norfolk. That stereo behind me is a Zenith....an upgrade from the smaller Capehart we started with. My Dad loved to listen to his records....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous and kind. Brave clean and reverent. Not a bad memory from 50 odd years ago.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Couldn't care less.

Pretty how much I feel. It doesn’t effect me at all so I don’t care. I was a Scout for about three years as a kid and hated it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut down completely by the middle of the century.

I also agree it reflects a shift away from traditional Scouting activities. Which is fine with me as I don’t care if people play video games and don’t go camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A friend added me to her joke site. Some of the jokes are funny; some are crude and tasteless. The worst of all was today - a pic of a pretty 14-year old girl with the subtitle "Camping in the woods was fun. Now, I'm going to be a mommy." I recorded a sour comment that it might have been funny but some jerk stealing the face of a real child for a cheap laugh was way over the line, so far as I'm concerned. It's OK it they want to pitch me off...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
A friend added me to her joke site. Some of the jokes are funny; some are crude and tasteless. The worst of all was today - a pic of a pretty 14-year old girl with the subtitle "Camping in the woods was fun. Now, I'm going to be a mommy." I recorded a sour comment that it might have been funny but some jerk stealing the face of a real child for a cheap laugh was way over the line, so far as I'm concerned. It's OK it they want to pitch me off...
Good for you, Earle.

I really don't understand why our value system has deteriorated so badly.

Cursing in movies and TV. Crude "jokes".

We've been on a slide since the 60's.....sad and disgusting for me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good for you, Earle.

We're no longer shocked.

I've always said Trump is an EFFECT, he's not a CAUSE.

We had a recording of a man running for President talking locker room talk about them womens. The next step in the parade is a politician being caught on Hi Def video with an underage girl.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
We're no longer shocked.

We had a recording of a man running for President talking locker room talk about them womens. The next step in the parade is a politician being caught on Hi Def video with an underage girl.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.
I think so too.....it's a slide going down.....I don't think we will ever recover either.

A phrase I have used for some time: "The Demise of Mankind".

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Good for you, Earle.

What passes for comedy on television is nothing more than snide remarks and the trading of insults.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
We're no longer shocked.

It. WILL. Happen.

Mark my words.
I Hope you are wrong

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
You never know just how bad the TV, movies, and music you like really are until a child is in the room.

We certainly are desensitized.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
You'd think the rapture had started based on the turn this thread has made. but it all seriousness, humans have done a lot worse things than curse on tv throughout history.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You'd think the rapture had started based on the turn this thread has made. but it all seriousness, humans have done a lot worse things than curse on tv throughout history.
About the only thing that has changed regarding American society today compared to "the good ole days" is people are doing and saying in public what they used to do, think or say in private.

In the "good ole days", rather than people using "dirty language" in public, they'd simply wait until they got behind closed doors and do it. Does that make them any more moral? Nope, it just means they were putting up a facade to who they really were on the inside. You can apply that to marriages, public figures, and most other things we point to as a sign that we are less moral. "Man" has always been immoral in most categories we point to. It didn't just start today or because President "so and so" took office etc. It's just more acceptable to put on display than before. But that doesn't make it less moral. It just means some aren't putting up facades of who they really are anymore. It's kind of liberating in some way to know who people are up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson1967

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ionship/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e1da464ce77

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said Tuesday it will sever all ties with the Boy Scouts of America, ending a century-old tradition deeply ingrained in the religious life of Mormon boys.
The Mormon Church, as it is more commonly known, said in its announcement that it has “increasingly felt the need to create and implement a uniform youth leadership and development program that serves its members globally.” The two organizations “jointly determined” that as of Dec. 31, 2019, the church will no longer be a chartered partner of the Scouts, it said in a joint statement with the Boy Scouts.
They didn't give a specific reason for this, but they are starting their own program for boys of Scouting age.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.