Boy Scouts Matters...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
respectfully, that really doesn't make a lot of sense.

i have to say, this is the first time i have ever hear the term soy boy. i guess i need to get out more, or at least visit some different websites. i had to look it up. i must have not gotten the memo from liberal culture that this is the preferred form of male behavior. i've got some work to do to get with the program.
It was in her emails man......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I base some of my opinion on the styling in today's world compares to that of yesteryear.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't see the cool cars any more like there used to be.

At my mechanic's shop yesterday - just one example.......obviously not everyone's cup of tea so YMMV....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I learn so much here.

According to Urban Dictionary, the term soy boy means: “Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies

“The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as ‘Nazis’.”

A non soy boy.

Soy Boy.

Super Soy Boy

(Insert pic of 92Tide here):biggrin:

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I base some of my opinion on the styling in today's world compares to that of yesteryear.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't see the cool cars any more like there used to be.

At my mechanic's shop yesterday - just one example.......obviously not everyone's cup of tea so YMMV....

You can add rock music to that list.......we'll never have it this good again........(IMHO of course)....:wink:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
They gonna teach boys to start making my dang cookies????
Blue font

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The BSA is considering filling for bankruptcy due to the costs of sex abuse lawsuits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna947576

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this doesn't seem to be going well for the scouts.

Hundreds of former Boy Scouts come forward with new claims of sexual abuse

More than 200 individuals have come forward with new allegations of sexual abuse by members of the Boy Scouts of America in recent weeks as a trio of law firms seek to uncover unidentified child abusers.

A few of the victims are young, still underage or in their 20s, but many have held their secrets close for decades.

"Nobody would have listened to me," said James Kretschmer, 56, who says a leader groped him at a Boy Scouts camp when he was in middle school. "The problem is, then you think, ‘Is it something I did? What was I doing, was it my fault? If I hadn’t done whatever, he wouldn’t have done that.’ It took me years and years to realize it wasn’t that little child’s fault. It was the adult who had control."...

In response to those proposals,“organizations like BSA and the Catholic Church are now taking legal maneuvers to try to prevent victims from bringing these cases,” Rothweiler said.

Bankruptcy would create a limited window for victims to file claims. Those filings would be confidential, meaning names of perpetrators would not be made public.Afterward, Scouts BSA would emerge as a reorganized debtor and would not have to face civil litigation for – or negative publicity about – claims of wrongdoing.

“That’s why they’re going into bankruptcy, not because they don’t have the money," Kosnoff said. "They’re going into bankruptcy to hide, to hide these dirty secrets.”

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
My son is in Cub Scouts. There are so many regulations right now due to this stuff. Makes it nearly impossible to do the stuff Scouts are known for. Also there Mormon church pulled out with a million members. It’s just a matter of time before the BSA is no more.

Regarding the admission of girls- this has been going on for some time. It was called “family” scouting.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The BSA is considering filling for bankruptcy due to the costs of sex abuse lawsuits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna947576

Boy Scouts of America file for bankruptcy

The Boy Scouts of America, rocked by scandal and steadily declining membership, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy early Tuesday morning.

The move had been rumored for months, with the BSA facing roughly 300 lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by adult volunteers. Still, in a country largely shaped by Boy Scouts, it’s a storyline few would have predicted.

Five former U.S. presidents were members. So were the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Atlanta Braves legend Hank Aaron and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

Its ranks also included tens of thousands of boys sexually abused by adult volunteers, according to an internal review by the organization. But those perpetrators were rarely held responsible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Writing's been on the wall for some time. Lots of reasons why, most all of them avoidable.
This was a great organization, but any organization that involves this many children is going to attract pedophiles. If each and every one of those bad actors had been reported to the authorities when their actions were reported by the kids, the organization would have had a chance.

Extraordinary steps have to be taken to protect kids from bad actors. Using parents was their model for protection, but the parents turned out to be the bad actors. If you can't trust parents, not sure how a model like this would ever work short of requiring a parent to attend with every child.

I was a scout, as were my boys. I never let my boys go on any scouting trips without me, and I made them sleep in a tent with me. They complained as they wanted to sleep with their friends, but I had a higher responsibility.

Reactions: Go Bama

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This was a great organization, but any organization that involves this many children is going to attract pedophiles. If each and every one of those bad actors had been reported to the authorities when their actions were reported by the kids, the organization would have had a chance.

Extraordinary steps have to be taken to protect kids from bad actors. Using parents was their model for protection, but the parents turned out to be the bad actors. If you can't trust parents, not sure how a model like this would ever work short of requiring a parent to attend with every child.

I was a scout, as were my boys. I never let my boys go on any scouting trips without me, and I made them sleep in a tent with me. They complained as they wanted to sleep with their friends, but I had a higher responsibility.
honestly, i don't think the authorities would have done much if this were reported. organizations like this have enough clout that this type of thing gets brushed under the rug, as it was done here for decades.

i don't know if it was posted earlier in this thread, but there is a searchable database of the boy scouts "perversion files" showing the internal documentation on abusers from 1965-85.

i found one from tuscaloosa in the early 80s and it was sort of chilling to see one of the district leaders' (who i worked for for several years and knew very well) names on the documentation as witness to the document being put to file on the scout leader.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
honestly, i don't think the authorities would have done much if this were reported. organizations like this have enough clout that this type of thing gets brushed under the rug, as it was done here for decades.

i don't know if it was posted earlier in this thread, but there is a searchable database of the boy scouts "perversion files" showing the internal documentation on abusers from 1965-85.

i found one from tuscaloosa in the early 80s and it was sort of chilling to see one of the district leaders' (who i worked for for several years and knew very well) names on the documentation as witness to the document being put to file on the scout leader.
That is what I was referring to - the BSA covered this up. If they report these to the police and the police does nothing, that is on the police.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.