PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
that's a nice chunky looking wave. is that a point break? are waves that size common in florida?
I wouldn't say waves like this are necessarily common - but we do have conditions throughout the year (especially in the fall/winter) where it's going off pretty good. Our area is one of the most consistent spots on the whole East Coast, so take that for what it's worth.

NSB is on the south side of the inlet and Ponce is on the north side. Each side has a rock jetty - the one on the Ponce side extends out further.

This creates unique characteristics when we get a particular swell that results in one side or the other being the best to surf that particular day. This day - Ponce was more lined up and peeling - hence the smooth peeling nature of the wave in that pic.

The surfer in the pic lives just down the street from me and I talked to him when he rode his bike by my house that morning. He ended up paddling across the inlet - something that is frowned upon by the local CG and MP but is faster than driving all the way around.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This is the front of my property looking south. That road if you go north (the other way) ends at the Coast Guard Station at the inlet - it's about 1 mile further up. Really great location for access to the beach and especially for surfing. If you're ever in the area give me a shout - dinner and beverage is on me. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
(from another forum by a poster in South Carolina)

My 100 year old uncle, a Marine Air Corps Lieutenant Colonel Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam salutes at the playing of taps during the funeral of my Dad, a 98 year old Navy Lieutenant Commander Veteran of WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.