PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
607E7F6A-9403-4F78-A0D4-18944DF726B7.jpegLion in Serengeti at dusk.

EC247575-3565-4307-9635-C5C4AC42F1DD.jpeg
Big Al’s cousins.

15FC833E-8805-4882-9DD0-A5467FEEB14A.jpeg
Stonetown, Zanzibar.

D5C39B8F-2234-4816-A32F-D11F69ACC91E.jpeg
View of Indian Ocean from our hut on Zanzibar for a week.

B69E2713-C9AF-4293-8BBF-37176F0312FF.jpeg
Ditto.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Brett - amazing pics - thank you once again and please keep 'em coming!

This one here especially is magnificent. Please tell us how you were able to get this close up, other than just using a telephoto lens. Thanks!

King of the Serengeti. Yes it was that close. I could have petted it. Chose not to.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Took this after breakfast a few weeks ago. Early morning pic of Yangon, Myanmar. That’s the Shwe Dagon Pagoda in the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

My youngest had his 1 year pics at the quad & president’s mansion back in September. Here he is on the captains’ footprints.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Brett - amazing pics - thank you once again and please keep 'em coming!

This one here especially is magnificent. Please tell us how you were able to get this close up, other than just using a telephoto lens. Thanks!
Thanks Bazza. For the 5 days we were in the Serengeti, we had a personal driver. He drove us all over the place. One day to the north, next to the west, etc. He knew where to see everything and where to go that other vehicles would not be. Most of the time we were the only people within miles.

This lion was in the savanna on a little rise. The dirt road was cutout a couple feet below the savanna. As we drove by, the lion never moved. The driver stopped, my heart pounded, I took the shot, and we kept going.

I used 3 lenses including a 70-300mm which I used to take this. EXIF data says it was at 145mm so it probably wasn't literally within "reach" but it wasn't very far away (10 feet maybe?). It could have pounced on us in one move if it had wanted. Thus the heart pounding!

We should put together a "TideFans Guide to the World" with pictures and descriptions of all the places everyone has been :D

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks Bazza. For the 5 days we were in the Serengeti, we had a personal driver. He drove us all over the place. One day to the north, next to the west, etc. He knew where to see everything and where to go that other vehicles would not be. Most of the time we were the only people within miles.

This lion was in the savanna on a little rise. The dirt road was cutout a couple feet below the savanna. As we drove by, the lion never moved. The driver stopped, my heart pounded, I took the shot, and we kept going.

I used 3 lenses including a 70-300mm which I used to take this. EXIF data says it was at 145mm so it probably wasn't literally within "reach" but it wasn't very far away (10 feet maybe?). It could have pounced on us in one move if it had wanted. Thus the heart pounding!

We should put together a "TideFans Guide to the World" with pictures and descriptions of all the places everyone has been :D
Thanks for the back story - very cool! Having the right guide made all the difference, apparently!

When I visited Moorea back in 2004, I tried to get some intel on the best surf spots and how to access them but most of who I spoke too were the typical "territorial" types and were reluctant to divulge much. I ended up renting a scooter and finding my own little spot ( the mouth of a bay) to surf at.

The photo forum here really does provide a nice vehicle for those who wish to post pics and narrative from various journeys.

I know there are quite a few here who travel routinely for work and hope we see more posts from those folks as I know what they could share would be of great interest.

I also feel there's a lot of interesting things happening right in our own backyards - so also would enjoy seeing that just as much.

The narratives that accompany the pics really are enjoyable too - I will try to do more of that when I post. Takes a few more minutes but worth the effort.

Here's one from today - the water is very glassy and we have a small swell for those blokes wanting to get wet. I will go out later tonight - probably after 7pm at the end of my street. An 'evening go out' as we call it. Not a bad way to end your day.....

IMG_4361.jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My resident Osprey was back on it's perch in my front yard Saturday morning and I got a couple shots of her having breakfast. It was pretty breezy but she held on pretty good!

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
IMG_2133.jpg

The story: Sorry for the poor quality photo. I had to shoot this in a hurry with a camera phone. We have an eagle nest in a field across the street from our house. Just had a second hatch in 2 years since the nest was built. This is an eagle that initially looked like it was injured and flopping around in the water. Moments later the eagle gets up enough speed and lift to get airborne. What it was doing was trying to get airborne with a large bass in its grip. DRAT! Missed that pic because I was taking the pic through a window on our sunporch and couldn't get a shot. We're thrilled to see eagles back in our part of the state (NW corner).

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
This video published April 26 features UNITED STATES AIR FORCE low level training in the Mach loop, Wales. F15E Strike eagles from LakenheathMC130 Hercules from Mildenhall and SpanghahlemCV-22 Osprey from Mildenhall. The video contains some great still photography of the high speed passes at close range.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Few years ago near Bankhead signal on the way to Sheffield. I was waiting on a relief crew and thought I would look through the clover. I found these two within a few feet of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.