PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Procession to the unknown.jpg

Every minute someone leaves this world behind.
Age has nothing to do with it.
We are all in this the line without realizing it.
We never know how many people are before us. We can not move to the back of the line.
We can not step out of the line.
We can not avoid the line.

So while we wait in line -

Make moments count.
Make a difference.
Make the call.
Make priorities.
Make the time.
Make your gifts known.
Make a nobody feel like a somebody.
Make your voice heard.
Make the small things big.
Make someone smile.
Make the change.
Make yourself a priority.
Make love.
Make up.
Make peace.
Make sure to tell your people they are loved.
Make waves.
Make sure to have no regrets.
Make sure you are ready.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^^ would like it better in a different paint scheme than that of the leghumpers, Gray! Appreciate the photo though....you're headed back in the right direction! :p
======

Florida plays Towson University on Saturday. Towson is located in Maryland and someone in the Gator forum mentioned they liked the unique shape of the state. I never really gave it much thought but here it is - and they do have a point - interesting shaped state indeed!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
2018 comedy wildlife finalists...

Finalists
Ha....fantastic! Thanks, Earle...quite a few of those of the couples could go into "The Man Thread" --- along with the appropriate caption! :)

===========

From today....new surfboard fins (the outer ones). They have soft edges so cannot slice into the skin during a wipeout. The old ones were the same brand (just like these), but the edge material got brittle and started breaking off.

They are held in by allen screws in those round circle things - so easy to change out.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ha....fantastic! Thanks, Earle...quite a few of those of the couples could go into "The Man Thread" --- along with the appropriate caption! :)

===========

From today....new surfboard fins (the outer ones). They have soft edges so cannot slice into the skin during a wipeout. The old ones were the same brand (just like these), but the edge material got brittle and started breaking off.

They are held in by allen screws in those round circle things - so easy to change out.

Looks like a good system. I'm looking glumly at my arm where a gutter standoff sliced in a couple of days ago...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Looks like a good system. I'm looking glumly at my arm where a gutter standoff sliced in a couple of days ago...
FYI: the people who invented this fin did so after their son was injured by a fin slice. Necessity being the mother of invention, in this case.

Hope your wound heals up soon.

I get "battle scars" almost daily and have grown so used to them I hardly give them a second thought any more. There are some I have had though that were bad enough that I did give a second thought to! :p

Random:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
FYI: the people who invented this fin did so after their son was injured by a fin slice. Necessity being the mother of invention, in this case.

Hope your wound heals up soon.

I get "battle scars" almost daily and have grown so used to them I hardly give them a second thought any more. There are some I have had though that were bad enough that I did give a second thought to! :p

Random:

Now that's a Rube Goldberg device! Yeah, I usually just cover the wound up and forget about it. This one lifted up and an inch square of skin and bled like hell, so I didn't worry about tetanus. However, several days, later, swelling and redness popped up 3-4" above and below the bandage, so I had to look at it and clean it. I decided I'd better do several days of amoxicillin. It's calmed down now...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Now that's a Rube Goldberg device! Yeah, I usually just cover the wound up and forget about it. This one lifted up and an inch square of skin and bled like hell, so I didn't worry about tetanus. However, several days, later, swelling and redness popped up 3-4" above and below the bandage, so I had to look at it and clean it. I decided I'd better do several days of amoxicillin. It's calmed down now...
Yeah same here - I ignore them - unless I see redness. :D

If you saw "The Equalizer" movie with Denzel....when his character in the movie was wounded, he heated up some honey and poured some of that in his wound. Then I was watching an old western and in that episode, an Indian did the same thing. I have a couple tubes of triple antibiotic ointment I use as well as Campho-Phenique - and they tend to do the trick - but also wonder about the honey.

When we first moved to Florida, we had an outside cat named "Smokey" and he would get in fights occasionally and come home with some fairly substantial lacerations and puntures. Mom would dab the Campho-phenique into his wounds and sure enough they would heal up fairly quickly. I never forgot how well it worked. I keep some of both the liquid and the ointment on hand.

Random:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I keep Mupirocin for a topical. I only take the amoxicillin if it has really started to look alarming, which this one had. After the initial wound, I never uncover it, unless, as in this one, signs of infection start to show up...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This photo was taken by a HS classmate - and the fellow doing the painting is also a HS classmate. It's still a small town in some ways.

This is a place on Canal Street (our version of main street) where artists have galleries, studios, and there are also other art-oriented facets there where visitors can enjoy the creativity of others as well as try some themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.