PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Friend of mine's pic of this morning's launch:

More info here:

Boeing Starliner won't make it to ISS after first launch runs into problems

CST-100 Starliner, a new capsule designed to ferry astronauts to space, cut through the predawn light Friday in Florida atop an Atlas V rocket. The launch itself marked an important milestone in NASA's plan to launch astronauts from US soil to the International Space Station for the first time since 2011.
However, Starliner ran into problems. It suffered "off-nominal insertion" getting into orbit and used too much fuel, according to Boeing. So it cannot reach the ISS.
Ever since the retirement of NASA's space shuttle program in 2011, US astronauts have been hitching rides to the ISS aboard Russian rockets. NASA's Commercial Crew Program is meant to bring those capabilities back to the US and has entrusted SpaceX and Boeing to do so.
Unlike Boeing's Starliner, SpaceX's Crew Dragon successfully made it to the space station in a historic mission in March.
"The Kennedy Space Center is back," NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said before Friday's launch. "The commercial partners are doing amazing things, it feels really good to be here right now."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My Androlepis skinneri has some decent holiday color right now.....

The rain cleared out by mid-morning and I had the whole day to get stuff done outside. What a wonderful time of the year for working outside! Hopefully we can get a repeat tomorrow so I can do what I didn't get to today! ;)

Reactions: seebell and Toddrn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.