PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Today marks the 78th anniversary of Lambert's Cafe. Lamberts Cafe was established by Earl and Agnes Lambert on March 13 1942 with only $.14 to their name. They borrowed $1,500 and opened the original restaurant in Sikeston, MO. Despite it being in the middle of World War II with tough times for everyone, Earl and Agnes offered plenty of fixing at a reasonable price. Thank you to all our loyal customers who have been there over the years and to our employees who have made this all possible.

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Today marks the 78th anniversary of Lambert's Cafe. Lamberts Cafe was established by Earl and Agnes Lambert on March 13 1942 with only $.14 to their name. They borrowed $1,500 and opened the original restaurant in Sikeston, MO. Despite it being in the middle of World War II with tough times for everyone, Earl and Agnes offered plenty of fixing at a reasonable price. Thank you to all our loyal customers who have been there over the years and to our employees who have made this all possible.

Now everyone go wash your hands and throw me a roll.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

My wife is from Foley - which has the other Lambert's location. It's been a long time since we ate there b/c I always want fresh seafood when we're down that way. Anyway, wife and kids went down last week during spring break and I didn't make it down 'til the weekend. They ate at Lambert's the day before I got there. I've been giving them the silent treatment since then :D

Also, for those who have pre- and early-teen kids, take them to OWA in Foley. My kids and wife spent two entire days there last week with the kids' cousins and have so much fun every time. There are also some really nice eating places there. We bought season passes when they opened a couple years ago 1) to help support the community and 2) because even 2 visits per year pays for itself. Parents who don't want to ride the rides don't have to pay. It's safe, clean, and very friendly and not usually overwhelmed with the masses.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My wife is from Foley - which has the other Lambert's location. It's been a long time since we ate there b/c I always want fresh seafood when we're down that way. Anyway, wife and kids went down last week during spring break and I didn't make it down 'til the weekend. They ate at Lambert's the day before I got there. I've been giving them the silent treatment since then :D

Also, for those who have pre- and early-teen kids, take them to OWA in Foley. My kids and wife spent two entire days there last week with the kids' cousins and have so much fun every time. There are also some really nice eating places there. We bought season passes when they opened a couple years ago 1) to help support the community and 2) because even 2 visits per year pays for itself. Parents who don't want to ride the rides don't have to pay. It's safe, clean, and very friendly and not usually overwhelmed with the masses.

Nice! Looks like they are staying open for now too:

https://visitowa.com/coronavirus-update/

I've only been to the Lamberts in Mizzou and it was a lot of fun!

There's a lot to see and do in that state too. Like a lot of our country - lot of history and heritage.

The Italian's influence in Kansas City alone is remarkable, but you wouldn't know it unless you visited there.....

DCP_2790.JPG
DCP_2789.JPG

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Here's Mack -- 16 weeks old. We are raising him for a year, teaching him basic commands, etc., and then he will go to be a guide/service dog for someone. Southeastern Guide Dogs of Palmetto, Fla., is the organization and they do a fantastic job. By the time these dogs are fully trained and placed they have invested $60,000 in them -- from breeding onward.

We are not paid, but they pay vet expenses, etc. and we just buy food and treats -- which we use to bribe them into behaving.

Our grandson (lives nearby) who is 6 ½ is nicknamed "Mac" and he is over the moon excited about this.
IMG_5024.jpeg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Found this picture yesterday in my old facebook pics from 9 years ago with the caption:
"Olivia (4yrs 9mo) reads her first book all by herself."
She's now an avid reader like her dad :) Usually around 500-1000 pages a week (age 13).
Well, if we are posting cute pictures of our kids: my youngest son about 10 years ago at Disney World.
Not trying to be obtuse or anything guys, but we have a "Brag on your Kids" thread that's perfect for these kinds of posts:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/threads/brag-on-your-kid-s.213577/page-16#post-3542195

I encourage you and everyone else to please continue to keep posting pics like these of your children - because I really enjoy seeing them - as does everyone else, I'm sure. ;)

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.