PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
You're better off in Alabama.......this place is awful when it comes to Covid 19 stats.....or so I've been told..... :whistle:

View attachment 8194View attachment 8195
Actually I live in Woodstock, Georgia about 30 miles north of Atlanta. I do have a building lot in a subdivision in Cape San Blas, FL but can't get my wife to agree to build and move there after we retire. May have to go without her. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: seebell and Bazza

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Got an emergency call up at the VA in Nashville today. Tech up there is on vacation. 7 hours of driving for what ended up being 30 minutes of work to make the repair, blech.

Thought I was having a bad day. Then I passed this on 65 around Franklin, TN.

Glad I'm not that guy.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I literally just finished (half) watching The Birds (the movie). I think you're in trouble.
One of things I really love about the Hitchcock movies are those cameos by Hitchcock. What a sense of humor he had!

I've seen his movies so many times I pretty much have them all committed to memory. This from "The Birds". It was early in the movie so hopefully not a spoiler for you.....

Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One of things I really love about the Hitchcock movies are those cameos by Hitchcock. What a sense of humor he had!

I've seen his movies so many times I pretty much have them all committed to memory. This from "The Birds". It was early in the movie so hopefully not a spoiler for you.....

Haha! No. I've seen the movie a few times so no spoilers. It was on BBC America last night along with Psycho.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Nice collage of TV game show hosts over the years. I can get most of them off the top of my head and if not the host himself at least the show. Good memory teaser!

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have a very large wisteria by our pool. It is a lot of work keeping them trimmed and healthy.

Reactions: Bazza and seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Well today I met a gentleman from Gadsden, Alabama.

We have a new Tractor Supply store that just opened up. I dropped by to pick up a few items and this gentleman was at the register chatting with the cashier about Buffalo meat. I saw he had an Alabama cap on so asked "Have you ever had Elephant meat?" My way of breaking the ice. :) He thought I was serious until I pointed to my cap and then he smiled and said Roll Tide. He has the Bama cap on - me the Gator cap.

So anyway I finished with my transaction and he was waiting for me in the parking lot and we ended up chatting for about another 1/2 hour about ALL kinds of stuff. He was doing most of the talking and even invited me over to his house sometime. Said he has over 64 game heads mounted on the wall of his den from hunting at his ranch in Colorado, and other places.

He showed me the biggest one on his phone (see pic below).

We didn't talk a whole lot about football except he said the new QB recruit would end up being the starter (IHHO). He also said he was disappointed with Bama when they dropped their academic standards to help get more players in. Then he told me something about a Dr. Hall, who he said was Coach Bryant's fav/best player. Then he said he went to Howard College (later Samford University) in Birmingham and knew Bobby Bowden.....and always wondered why he was hanging around the football field.

He came to this area in 1960. His grandfather made the first shot at the Battle of Fort Sumter under orders from General Beauregard (that was the start of the Civil War wasn't it?)

I was just standing there and this man was just going and going with all kinds of history tidbits mostly about his family. I could tell he was proud of his and his families accomplishments.

At some point we exchanged names and then I knew who he was. He was involved in the local county school board and had a daughter I went to school with. She was a flight attendent for many years so he was able to fly anywhere in the world for free. Which he did.

Said he was 88 and retired when he was 51. Even gave me his card.

He also said he recently gave his hunting camp in Alabama to the governor.

He also mentioned one of his sons who became a doctor and at some point gave the AMA a presentation on how Armadillo breath can spread Leprosy in humans! Did this at their annual convention.

Said he has run 29 marathons in his life and the run at Pike's Peak quite a few years in a row.

Can you imagine hearing all this from a man I just met? Pretty amazing but just goes to show you never know who you'll run into when you're out and about.

I plan on driving by his house sometime this week and checking out his landscaping. If I think I can give him any pointers I may get back in touch with him and we'll go from there.

Here he is.......

IMG_8554.JPG

His Elk:

IMG_8552.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.