PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just another day in Florida....
============

Cadea Val
Plane crash on Sunset Dr. Today
Has anyone heard anything about the plane crash this morning? Ir was rumored to be carrying exotic pets and 3 cobras got loose....allegedly.
https://d3926qxcw0e1bh.cloudfront.net/post_photos/b6/5b/b65bd52660065e94fa07b5165d00615e.jpeg
The crash landing happened sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. Wednesday morning just west of the airport near Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4250 on
news-journalonline.com

18 hr ago · 35 neighborhoods in General

Grace Galarneau
Art Center
Gosh I hope not! I live right around the corner from Sunset! Thankful it wasn’t our houses.
14 hr ago

Theresa Lagoy
Art Center
Is this true??????
7 hr ago

Jerry Boatright
Pine Island
An experimental plane registered to a Deltona man landed in the mangroves near New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport on Wednesday morning, missing the runway and busting up the aircraft, but leaving two people largely unharmed, according to officials. The crash landing happened sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. Wednesday morning just west of the airport near Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4250 on Skyline Drive. The New Smyrna Beach Fire Department responded to the scene. "They came up short of the runway," said New Smyrna Beach Police Chief Shawn Vandemark in a phone interview Wednesday afternoon. The occupants were not identified but Federal Aviation Administration records show the Aerovee Sonex single-engine aircraft is registered to William Barber of Deltona.
7 hr ago

Mary Silver
Art Center
I would appreciate it if a City official would answer the question regarding the presence of cobras on the plane that crashed. NSBPD and/or Mayor Owens' office need to confirm or quell this rumor.
6 hr ago

PHILLIP PEARCE
Florida Days and Osprey
Where was it heard about the snakes?
2 hr ago

Eileen Kepper
Harbour Point
What could possibly go wrong?
1 hr ago

Becki Shiles
Turnbull Bay Rd/Hwy A1A
I seriously want to know about this. If it’s a rumor it’s a bad one! Yes please whoever is in the know answer the question.
39 min ago

:oops:
that plane really could have used Samuel L. Jackson.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorak and Bazza

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Your post got me curious to do the math.

This man is 88 years old.

The first shot was made on April 13, 1861.

If my math and dates are correct he was born in the year 1932.

That's 71 years after the first shot was made.

Doesn't seem unreasonable from a mathmatics POV that indeed it could have been his grandfather.

The hypothesis:

His grandfather, the soldier, is 20 years old on that date. He has a child (my friend's father) 12 years later at age 32. That man has a child (my friend) at age 39.

Make sense?
Yes, it would work that way. Our backyard continues to come along. Last fall's zoysia did survive...20200605_183441[1].jpg

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Beautiful, Earle! Daylillies in bloom back there?

Love the stepladder. :)

Indication you're in the "Joe Homeowner club"....along with the rest of us!
Yeah. I started to move it. Usually there are several around the house. One, in the front, is permanently fixed for access to clean the stovepipe year round....
Beautiful, Earle! Daylillies in bloom back there?

Love the stepladder. :)

Indication you're in the "Joe Homeowner club"....along with the rest of us!
Yes on the lillies. There's one little yellow one in front...

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yeah. I started to move it. Usually there are several around the house. One, in the front, is permanently fixed for access to clean the stovepipe year round....
Yes on the lillies. There's one little yellow one in front...
Me too on the ladders. I have 4 total plus some that are just the steps part. One still out front from the Space X launch last week that I never saw.

The Day Lily variety we used mostly around here was the variety called "Aztec Gold" and looks a lot like those orange ones you have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the reason we (in the business) Liked the Aztec Gold variety so much is it would bloom throughout the year. Not just a single shot in the spring.

Here's a pic I took while waiting for that launch. That bush with varigated foliage is called Schefflera arbicola "Dazzle". It has the growth habit of a Bougainvillea. Sprawling! But without the thorns and colorful flowers (bracts really). You can also see the new white roof coating on my garage. And that palm is new too from an acquisition I made about a month ago. Alexander Palm.

IMG_8611.JPG

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Me too on the ladders. I have 4 total plus some that are just the steps part. One still out front from the Space X launch last week that I never saw.

The Day Lily variety we used mostly around here was the variety called "Aztec Gold" and looks a lot like those orange ones you have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the reason we (in the business) Liked the Aztec Gold variety so much is it would bloom throughout the year. Not just a single shot in the spring.

Here's a pic I took while waiting for that launch. That bush with varigated foliage is called Schefflera arbicola "Dazzle". It has the growth habit of a Bougainvillea. Sprawling! But without the thorns and colorful flowers (bracts really). You can also see the new white roof coating on my garage. And that palm is new too from an acquisition I made about a month ago. Alexander Palm.

View attachment 8678
Hmm... We have some Schefflera as an indoor plant. I would have to stop and count on the ladders. Nine...

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Weather situation in Orlando this evening from outer bands of Cristobal. Two tornadoes within about an hour within a couple miles of our house. (Photo not mine, but a screen shot swiped from Twitter).87C920D8-A40A-435D-84C3-500F5681C843.png
Where we are, well, to quote a German neighbor of ours in Charleston who ride out Hugo in 89, but also survived the Allied bombings of Berlin in WW2, “…a little wind, a little rain, no big deal”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.