PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Scanned a few classic vintage photos today and will post at some future date.

For now, here's one I scanned from an Ektachrome slide I took during the summer of '75 while I was on summer break from UF. I had just turned 21.

To the left is the epicenter of mainstreet on beachside here. The legendary Driftwood Restaurant! It was run by an older couple named Betty and Bill. We'd come in from surfing to grab something to eat and had to be careful not to get anything wet with our wet baggies or salt water that occasionally run out of our noses from getting impacted from earlier surfs. You never knew what kind of mood Betty and Bill were in. Generally Betty was in a good mood - almost motherly. But Bill....he was something else. Just asking for ketchup sometimes would evoke a scowl and a few gruff words. Other times he was really cool. The food there though was fantastic. Burgers, grilled cheese, egg salad, fries, pies, and cc cookies.....all better than anywhere else in town. It didn't hurt that we were usually starving when we ate there.

I left the dust and other particles on the slide when I scanned it to give it a better sense of senectitude.

DriftwoodRestaurant.JPG

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This Oct. 12, 2010, file photo, shows thirty-three cars driven to victory in the Indianapolis 500 forming the starting grid on the main straight during a photo shoot for the Speedway's 100th anniversary, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis. The front row, from right to left, included the 1911 Marmon Wasp, driven by Ray Harroun, the 2010 car driven my Dario Franchitti, and the 1961 roadster driven by A.J. Foyt to win his first of four Indianapolis 500's. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy, File)

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
GMC Motorama Car Show, Edmonton, Alberta, July 1953.....

31684190005_f128f6052c_b.jpg

Our family Buick in the summer of 1959 with our Shasta trailer while camping in the Black Hills of South Dakota......
BlackHillsSDakotaCampingAugust1959.jpg

OurBuickSpecial.jpg
Ours was a "3 hole".......my grandparents had a "4 hole"...... :)

Reactions: seebell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.