PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
at the risk of sounding ignorant .... who is B.O. ?
Legendary surfer Bobby Owens. Third from left. Spent time in our area (Daytona) when he was younger along with his two brothers Chris and Gary. They were a popular "surf family" who eventually migrated to Hawaii where Bobby turned pro surfer and did very well. He has worked for Patagonia for many years and I believe manages the Haleiwa store presently.

All of those pictured are 60 or above in age and we all knew each other when we were teens and in the twenties. Randy far left owns a surfboard manufacturing business and has been making boards for many moons, also considered one of the better surfers here. Lives a couple blocks away and makes all my boards. We have been close friends through the years and traveled together in 1975 when we both surfed in the ESA Surfing Championships at Hatteras.

Next guy is Pat, who traveled with me to Puerto Rico in 1973 on my first trip outside the continental US on a surf trip. He runs a detective agency here that does vehicle repossessions and I have bought several cars from him over the years (as well as all other surfers here). :) Next is B.O. Next is Rick, local attorney who just retired. Lives down the street from me and he represented my folks when they had their car accident back in the 90's and helped them out tremendously. UF grad and has traveled to Fiji and Nicaragua and of coarse the rock. Raised three great kids and is still married to his wife who was a classmate of mine in HS.

Next is Bernie who also makes surfboards and is highly regarded in that industry having done this since the 70's here. His shop is in Daytona Beach Shores. His wife took the pic. Last is Terry aka Poker, one of the best guys around. Lives around the corner and is regarded as one of the best surfers to come out of this area. Unfortunately has MS and can no longer surf. He did some modeling when he was younger and we still kid him about that from time to time.

I could go on and on with many stories about these guys and many more in the area but bottom line is getting these guys together for this pic when Bobby was in town was just really cool, given how many years have gone by. Reunions can be like that. Especially when surfing is the tie that binds.

Back to the photos......sunset last night was nothing short of amazing.....

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Where on the Tennessee are you, Led?
The friend I was with when this photo was shot lives on Blue Water Creek, close to Wheeler Dam. We were going to Fisherman's Resort to eat. But I spend most of my time in the Shoal Creek area, as my cousin lives there close to Shoal Creek Bridge. I live in Florence and visit on the water some during the summer. My grandparents lived on Shoal Creek, and I spent my summers there growing up. I don't get out there as much as I used to, but enjoy going out on the water.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Went we to visit my wife's sister in San Francisco last month. I had never been there so was much the tourist.

Downtown SF as seen from Saulsalito

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.