PHOTO THREAD.......post whatever pics you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Amaryllis are in bloom right now.....these were at a client's property we were working at today:

The second job I had out of college was working as a grower at an Apopka nursery. We grew all kinds of foliage plants but we also propagated Amaryllis and as a company (including a Delray Beach location) were the largest propagators of Amaryllis in North America.

The method of propagation involved taking the bulbs and slicing them into small slips, each of which had a part of the base of the bulb, from which new roots and a shoot would emerge. These slips were stuck into raised beds of sand under misters. In between batches we would fumigate the beds with Methyl Bromide - and that was one of my duties - to set the canisters off. The beds were covered with plastic and I would reach in and pull the trigger on each canister, while wearing a full gas mask and Tyvek spray suit of course. Methyl Bromide is colorless and odorless so they would put some tear gas in with it to help with detection in case of a leak.

This was all back in the late 70's....back in the day......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm not in the position to buy another motorcycle (right now :)) - but have acquired an interest in those older retro looking Aspencades.

So just for fun, I browse CL every once in a while....to see what's out there.

Saw this baby just now.....kinda what I had in mind - (except for those funky arm rests) - looks like it could be a lot of fun:

This is a 1987 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1200cc.
It is now eligible for antique plates

Mileage is only 64391. and runs great..
The rear tire Good and the front tire is also good.
I have replaced the fuel pump

Maintenance performed on a regular basis including rear diff. oil,trans oil.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
A much older picture of Larry David posted next to the Rays lineup card last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.