Who all has just come over from Bama mag?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Never heard of BOL so I checked it out. Seems you have to pay to post.

Not doing that. I'll stay here where it is free and people are nice along with the board's rules, which are simple and make it more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
What happened to the primary mods, the husband and wife team. I know them personally, but I don't want to blow their cover...
If its the delightful couple I'm thinking of, "A" and "R", they've been gone for a long time, and sadly, my poor memory does not include the reason why, or whether it was a happy or sad departure...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I have around 38,000 posts on BamaMag, but have been a member here for a few years as well. This has the far better baseball board, and I am a big baseball fan.

People are beginning to migrate back to BamaMag a bit on the weekends, but it's very slow during the week. It is kind of weird having your house pulled down around you. Takes some getting used to.

rtr
Ditto that. I've come to understand that such is not a popular topic here on TideFans.com :wink: , but I have a similar number on BamaMag, accumulated over the past ~15 years, and probably had a greater number on BOL before it went into the toilet some ~15 years ago.

I still read over there (doesn't take long) and still post some. MUCH as I am coming to Really LOVE TideFans (and I Am), and much as I enjoy Jess (and have for years), I still have a lot of respect for Kirk, and I suppose a lot of nostalgia for what Scout and BamaMag "used to be"........ :(

Ballie

Oct 1, 2017
If its the delightful couple I'm thinking of, "A" and "R", they've been gone for a long time, and sadly, my poor memory does not include the reason why, or whether it was a happy or sad departure...
A ; aka Mr. silver bullet, and R have been gone for years. A got into some hot arguments with posters, and had a mutual agreement with Kirk to step away. at least that's the way I got it from another mod who is a long time friend of mine: as were A and R!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ditto that. I've come to understand that such is not a popular topic here on TideFans.com :wink: , but I have a similar number on BamaMag, accumulated over the past ~15 years, and probably had a greater number on BOL before it went into the toilet some ~15 years ago.

I still read over there (doesn't take long) and still post some. MUCH as I am coming to Really LOVE TideFans (and I Am), and much as I enjoy Jess (and have for years), I still have a lot of respect for Kirk, and I suppose a lot of nostalgia for what Scout and BamaMag "used to be"........ :(
The post count thing is just a running joke. The avatar and post count are always restored after a good laugh...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A ; aka Mr. silver bullet, and R have been gone for years. A got into some hot arguments with posters, and had a mutual agreement with Kirk to step away. at least that's the way I got it from another mod who is a long time friend of mine: as were A and R!
I used to tailgate with them and a few common friends, including Kirk, by the Alabama Book Store. One friend's brother owned a part of it before it was sold. I haven't seen A&R now in years...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Many years ago when I lived in Kansas my Mother bought me a subscription to Bama Mag. This was long before any internet so that magazine was like gold. It was all fine until my Mom started asking me if I had borrowed her credit card and gone to Tuscaloosa. After assuring her that I had not left Kansas and that, no I did not borrow her credit card. She proceeded to tell me that "someone" had used her card at "The Bama Pub"! After the fraud investigation we discovered that it was my subscription to Bama Mag. She tried to apologize to me for the accusation, however I told her Mom, I will want this story for the rest of our lives. So much fun to have something on our parents.
I loved the bamamag magazine, I bought one Everytime it came out

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
That is one of the reasons that I love this board - no mixing politics and football.
YEAH football is much more fun, interesting and much more important LOL. At least after watching some football I do not want to cut my wrists, cannot say that about politics hehe

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I'm still on Bamamag, mainly as a reader and rarely post, but it's really not the same to me since they discontinued the magazine. I'm old school so I used to love when that showed up in my mailbox. Now it's really changed up, and not sure I will stay over there. This board is much nicer and has just as much information. Krymsonman

Ballie

Oct 1, 2017
I used to tailgate with them and a few common friends, including Kirk, by the Alabama Book Store. One friend's brother owned a part of it before it was sold. I haven't seen A&R now in years...
. you probably know BamaMike then. years ago Kirk had a Bamamag tent on the Quad. went there to party on game day. that was before I moved back to Ireland, 10 years ago. I have now just moved to Georgia to live with Daughter,since my wife has terminal cancer.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
. you probably know BamaMike then. years ago Kirk had a Bamamag tent on the Quad. went there to party on game day. that was before I moved back to Ireland, 10 years ago. I have now just moved to Georgia to live with Daughter,since my wife has terminal cancer.
Crap, hate to hear that, All the best to your wife, believe in miracles.

What part of Ireland were you in?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do know him. I hate to hear about your wife. I just lost my ex-wife two weeks ago. We'd remained close...

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Sorry to hear that. I hope she finds a peaceful end and that you and family find comfort.

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
I've frequented both boards for many years. Wasn't paying much attention and like Allie says, poof! I can't find anything resembling Bama Mag and I do miss Kirk... also used to subscribe to the actual magazine. Still have a couple I saved!

RTR

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Never heard of BOL so I checked it out. Seems you have to pay to post.

Not doing that. I'll stay here where it is free and people are nice along with the board's rules, which are simple and make it more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a lot of things, but I have never heard us (seebell) referred to as nice. :wink:

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
I have been a member of both for a long time. Salemtd over there. Agree with some previous comments about it it getting political and nasty.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I have been a member of both for a long time. Salemtd over there. Agree with some previous comments about it it getting political and nasty.
They just banned me for saying I like tidefans better. No joke, the moderator replied to me and said that saying you prefer one board to another is not allowed. Lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.