Who all has just come over from Bama mag?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They just banned me for saying I like tidefans better. No joke, the moderator replied to me and said that saying you prefer one board to another is not allowed. Lol
I have been a member of boards that banned users for even mentioning other boards. Why someone would want to be a part of a board that fascist in its policies is beyond me. By banning users for this infraction, they do them a favor.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I have been a member of boards that banned users for even mentioning other boards. Why someone would want to be a part of a board that fascist in its policies is beyond me. By banning users for this infraction, they do them a favor.
Exactly, I was a member of bamamag and here for a long time. I've always posted here mostly. The kicker is there was a thread over there that was asking about other boards. So...instead of deleting the thread, the mod. Banned me for mentioning Tidefans. Earle, them guys are scared over there😂

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Exactly, I was a member of bamamag and here for a long time. I've always posted here mostly. The kicker is there was a thread over there that was asking about other boards. So...instead of deleting the thread, the mod. Banned me for mentioning Tidefans. Earle, them guys are scared over there
Just sounds plain silly to me...

Ballie

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly, I was a member of bamamag and here for a long time. I've always posted here mostly. The kicker is there was a thread over there that was asking about other boards. So...instead of deleting the thread, the mod. Banned me for mentioning Tidefans. Earle, them guys are scared over there😂
sadly, it was once a great board; many years ago, when just Kirk and Jay Lisby ran it!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
sadly, it was once a great board; many years ago, when just Kirk and Jay Lisby ran it!
I know Kirk, but Jay was a close friend. His loss still hurts. His cancer was one type that might tempt me to off myself. Those were the good old days with the Taylor brothers trying to blow everything up. (Jar Jar and Hannibal)... :)

Ballie

Oct 1, 2017
I know Kirk, but Jay was a close friend. His loss still hurts. His cancer was one type that might tempt me to off myself. Those were the good old days with the Taylor brothers trying to blow everything up. (Jar Jar and Hannibal)... :)
Jay and I both called Columbus Ga. home. we moved there from Ireland when I was 12

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Jay and I both called Columbus Ga. home. we moved there from Ireland when I was 12
The last time I had contact with him, he'd had to give up his apartment in T-Town and move back there. I knew his dad was in a wheel chair. It wasn't really that long before that we'd stood outside BDS and he told me and my wife all they'd had to do to him. So sad and so young...

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
The football board over there became very political. It was hard not to find a football thread without politics involved in some way
Yuck! That would've turned me off! It's bad enough to listen to the nfl crybabies each week on the radio ! No politics here thank goodness Love it here get you're bama fix with no hassle :) RTR!!!

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Yuck! That would've turned me off! It's bad enough to listen to the nfl crybabies each week on the radio ! No politics here thank goodness Love it here get you're bama fix with no hassle :) RTR!!!
I've been on here for a very long time actually, I just frequented Bamamag for the articles at times...back when Kirk was there.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Memories of that Board - Jar Jar Bama, Space, Matty, NavTide, Bama Red, Bama Alex and Rose, Bama Red, Beer Bryant, Professor, DocSoloman, etc.

Good discussions

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I'm mainly a lurker, but I used to love reading Jay's stuff. I didn't know him, but I really missed him when he was gone. Now I love reading Jess's stuff over here. Krymsonman

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
Just came over from BamaMag... on advice from TidalWave13... Formally JBAMA over there... Looks like that was already taken so I went with my nickname... Grasshopper (Ghoppr)...

So sad at watching BamaMag deteriorate to what it has... Just too buggy and too many popups and 404 errors for me, not to mention the vids that keep popping up. CBS has ruined it.

Looking forward to making this my new home for Bama Football discussion !

ROLL TIDE ROLL

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Just came over from BamaMag... on advice from TidalWave13... Formally JBAMA over there... Looks like that was already taken so I went with my nickname... Grasshopper (Ghoppr)...

So sad at watching BamaMag deteriorate to what it has... Just too buggy and too many popups and 404 errors for me, not to mention the vids that keep popping up. CBS has ruined it.

Looking forward to making this my new home for Bama Football discussion !

ROLL TIDE ROLL
Welcome! Glad to have so many new faces.

Check out our posting rules under the FAQ heading at the top of the page. We don't allow profanity, outright or veiled. We love having fun and love the Crimson Tide and want everyone in the family to be able to enjoy the site.

Thanks again for joining the best site for TideFans anywhere in the whole wide world.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
Welcome! Glad to have so many new faces.

Check out our posting rules under the FAQ heading at the top of the page. We don't allow profanity, outright or veiled. We love having fun and love the Crimson Tide and want everyone in the family to be able to enjoy the site.

Thanks again for joining the best site for TideFans anywhere in the whole wide world.
Not to worry... I behaved myself on the other board... I love what I see here so far... Wish I could've kept the name that others knew me by, but GHoppr will do nicely... I'll just start my new path with that :D

Thanks for the welcome ... and RTR !!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.