2018 Prospect: 4* QB Jarren Williams (Miami commit)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

He's made a few visits to Tuscaloosa. Was in town for the Ole Miss game.

Some Ohio State recruiting guys feel he flips to Alabama (indicated by their Crystal Ball predictions for him).

Might be worth keeping an eye on...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: 4* QB Jarren Williams (UK Commit)

I don't understand your comment.
We have a true sophomore at quarterback and a true freshman backup, who if he progresses from year one to year two will undoubtedly push Jalen or even surpass him. Why come into that situation? You can classify both of them as dual threat, with each on opposite ends of the spectrum, so we can't sell him on special packages or anything. I'm just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

We have a true sophomore at quarterback and a true freshman backup, who if he progresses from year one to year two will undoubtedly push Jalen or even surpass him. Why come into that situation? You can classify both of them as dual threat, with each on opposite ends of the spectrum, so we can't sell him on special packages or anything. I'm just curious.

Glad all our kids don't look at it they way you do bro. You know our roster is full of 5* and highly rated 4* kids who come to Bama to learn from great coaches, win championships and to be part of something great. They know they have to wait their turn and most do and many go onto the NFL. I thought this answer was pretty obvious.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Glad all our kids don't look at it they way you do bro. You know our roster is full of 5* and highly rated 4* kids who come to Bama to learn from great coaches, win championships and to be part of something great. They know they have to wait their turn and most do and many go onto the NFL. I thought this answer was pretty obvious.
He's committed to Kentucky, and not in basketball. That doesn't sound like he's going somewhere to wait his turn. Barring catastrophic unforeseen circumstances he would be here three years before he would be done waiting in line. It doesn't make sense to be a quarterback and jump into the situation he would be jumping into here.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's committed to Kentucky, and not in basketball. That doesn't sound like he's going somewhere to wait his turn. Barring catastrophic unforeseen circumstances he would be here three years before he would be done waiting in line. It doesn't make sense to be a quarterback and jump into the situation he would be jumping into here.

You're doing a fine job of showing him why he shouldn't come to Alabama.

Remember, recruits read message boards.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

You're doing a fine job of showing him why he shouldn't come to Alabama.

Remember, recruits read message boards.[

Oh I know. I'll be one of the loudest cheering fans if he comes to Alabama. I have nothing against the young man. It's just a curious situation worth discussing.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

How often have things transpired in the next year just the way you expected, much less 3 years ? Never. Injuries, transfers, bad evaluations, growth, coaching changes, etc. Plus recent history has proven that all you need to "show your stuff" is one year, especially at Alabama. Finally, there is more to life and even one's football career than starting immediately.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

If someone wants to play on a winning team that is yearly in the top 2 or 3 and in the playoff every year they face fierce competition at every position. If they want guaranteed EPT they can settle for a team that MIGHT go to a Bowl game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I have seen you post on this board for a while now but it seems you are new to the thing we call "The Process". This has been happening for 10 years now.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If Coach Saban wants this guy and and the feeling is mutual, I say come on down. I think like most of the men we recruit, competition doesn't scare them. Why would anyone question his decision to come to Alabama?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

247 profile

He's made a few visits to Tuscaloosa. Was in town for the Ole Miss game.

Some Ohio State recruiting guys feel he flips to Alabama (indicated by their Crystal Ball predictions for him).

Might be worth keeping an eye on...
Interesting that the Ohio State guys are CB's him to Bama. I heard Mike Parker of Crimson Cover on with Gary Harris yesterday. He was saying we were still in the running for Emory Jones, the 4* dual threat prospect out of Georgia that is committed to tOSU. He said some rumblings that they (tOSU) are concerned enough about Jones flipping to Bama that they are looking to start recruiting another QB just in case.

Williams is still in play for us, but if we can flip Jones he would be the take.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Interesting that the Ohio State guys are CB's him to Bama. I heard Mike Parker of Crimson Cover on with Gary Harris yesterday. He was saying we were still in the running for Emory Jones, the 4* dual threat prospect out of Georgia that is committed to tOSU. He said some rumblings that they (tOSU) are concerned enough about Jones flipping to Bama that they are looking to start recruiting another QB just in case.

Williams is still in play for us, but if we can flip Jones he would be the take.
Just speaks to the ability of this staff to get to these young men.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.