Link: Dabo will be attending Bama vs Arky game on Saturday - 92 Championship Team Reunion

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I will never forget the look of total fear and confusion in Torreta's eyes when Brother Oliver put all 11 defenders on the line.
Johnson, Langham, Teague and Shade; what a secondary

HotWingsRGood

BamaNation Citizen
May 10, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Before warm ups started, Miami's players came out oft the locker room and started all those theatrics...some folks here may remember. They were dancing, and holding hands and walking in some kind of a circle, dunking the ball over the goal post....Their fans , who were mainly in one section to my left, were cheering them on. Our players weren't on the field yer...it seems like our team came out to warm up a little late or something. Maybe I was just ready to play. Then, some of our players came out of the tunnel to warm up and the Superdome went wild. It was only half full at that time but the noise never let up. Great night, Great team, great memories. I hope they all had a nice time.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Dabo gave an interview with reporters where he coaches about how his visit went.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i..._home?li_source=base&li_medium=default-widget

"It was just great perspective for me," Swinney told reporters in Clemson on Monday. "It was kind of just what the doctor ordered. Just seeing my teammates and spending time (with them), and they did a great job of how they organized it. And then the other thing, there's six of us here that were a part of that. I just felt like with the way God worked it out, all of a sudden, we had a game on Friday night.

"For me, to have a Saturday is a rare thing. Probably the last time we'll be together as a group with coach...
Praise be to God for scheduling the Clemson game on Friday night so he could attend the reunion.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I meant to post this the other day but forgot.... before the game last Saturday, me and a friend of mine walked into the area that is below the South end zone area of the stadium. This area is right off the street and is open to the public. It has some TV screens, a Zoe's restaurant, and basically is a congregation area for fans to cool off before the game. It also is a gate entrance where ticket holders to the South End zone field seats go in. Well while we were in there, many members of the 92 National Championship team began to meet and pick up their game day credentials and name badges in that area. We were able to see many players such as Shannon Brown, Jay Barker, Antonio London, Derrick Oden, Sherman Williams, George Wilson, Roosevelt Patterson, Eric Curry, Lemanski Hall, Chris Anderson, Toby Shields, & Michael Rogers. I also saw Coach Bill Oliver in there too. Some people were asking for autographs and asking them to sign things but we just stood and watched as the players were talking and welcoming each other. I loved seeing the guys interact with each other.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Before warm ups started, Miami's players came out oft the locker room and started all those theatrics...some folks here may remember. They were dancing, and holding hands and walking in some kind of a circle, dunking the ball over the goal post....Their fans , who were mainly in one section to my left, were cheering them on. Our players weren't on the field yer...it seems like our team came out to warm up a little late or something. Maybe I was just ready to play. Then, some of our players came out of the tunnel to warm up and the Superdome went wild. It was only half full at that time but the noise never let up. Great night, Great team, great memories. I hope they all had a nice time.
Just as an aside, and to show how much CFB has changed: In January of '93 I was fresh out of grad school at UA and still broke, so we didn't even consider trying to go to the game, but some of my former in-laws did go. Naturally, there were no tickets were to be had from UA or the then limited options for buying "scalped" tickets.
So they called the U of Miami ticket office to ask if tickets were available.
The response?
Sure, how many do you want!!!! LOL!!!

They all got tickets AT FACE VALUE! 'twas a different world back then!! :)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.