Link: Dabo will be attending Bama vs Arky game on Saturday - 92 Championship Team Reunion

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am glad that the football schedule worked out to allow this. No matter what he is doing today, that 1992 team was pretty special and the players all deserve to be greeted as returning heros.

vestamark01

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2015
I fully expect that he will get only positive reactions. Will be disappointed at any negativity.
Plus, what's not to like? Played at Alabama and professionally, he's had tremendous success.
I certainly hold no animosity for someone doing their job to the best of their ability. I look forward to seeing him back in Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
If Saban was honored at an LSU game (on our off week) for their title team I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Though I'd bet money that IF that ever happens, he'd be Boo'd - and Boo'd LUSTILY by the corndogs.

As for me, I will be very happy to cheer for the 1992 team INCLUDING Yaba-Dabo. He was a gutty player and gave his all, and he's given his all at every step of his career since then. As noted previously, what's not to like?

I mean - Seriously - its not Dabo's fault that Lame Kiffin flamed out, or that Bo was injured. If EITHER of those things doesn't happen, he'd still be in the same posture he was a year ago at this time.

So I'll be cheering for the whole bunch, but I'll admit that I'll be cheering a little extra for Coach Stallings. God Bless him! He looked pretty weak last weekend at aTm. Sure hope he's feeling better!!!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cecil tweeted earlier the booing shouldn't happen because the only person being introduced will be Stallings. They don't plan to introduce each individual person on the field.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Though I'd bet money that IF that ever happens, he'd be Boo'd - and Boo'd LUSTILY by the corndogs.

As for me, I will be very happy to cheer for the 1992 team INCLUDING Yaba-Dabo. He was a gutty player and gave his all, and he's given his all at every step of his career since then. As noted previously, what's not to like?

I mean - Seriously - its not Dabo's fault that Lame Kiffin flamed out, or that Bo was injured. If EITHER of those things doesn't happen, he'd still be in the same posture he was a year ago at this time.

So I'll be cheering for the whole bunch, but I'll admit that I'll be cheering a little extra for Coach Stallings. God Bless him! He looked pretty weak last weekend at aTm. Sure hope he's feeling better!!!!
From the way he looked, I think he was pushing it a bit to be there...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Cecil tweeted earlier the booing shouldn't happen because the only person being introduced will be Stallings. They don't plan to introduce each individual person on the field.
Any booing would be a good-natured acknowledgement of his success against us and I think he'd take it that way... :)

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I hope nobody boos him. But I would bet some low-class fan will do it anyway. That day is not about his Clemson days (present), but about the team that did something special then. And he was a part of that and deserves to be treated with respect for it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
From the way he looked, I think he was pushing it a bit to be there...
Agreed. But you tell me who could have stopped him from continuing to attend the event as he had planned? HEART ATTACK earlier in the week...not a doc but I'll go out on a limb and say they privacy advised against it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.