Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Hogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Homecoming is always a blast, but it's even more fun when you run into an old friend...Mr. Antonio Langham.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I always throw some pork on the smoker when Bama plays Arky - here's today's fun: jalapeño and cream cheese stuffed bacon-wrapped pork tenderloins...

Just know that my stomach hates you. A jealous ragey kind of hate where he smiles when you need a toothpick and can't find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Just know that my stomach hates you. A jealous ragey kind of hate where he smiles when you need a toothpick and can't find one.

Hangry Hate? lol I'm having Pork BBQ, hubby in Korea so maybe some BBQ Nachos for us here in Kansas (where everything goes to die btw) *grin*

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Can't finish the pump house today but the temps for the next week look good. Gonna have to pick up an outdoor GFCI outlet. I think this one is dead. I have an inline temp switch to turn on the lamps to provide heat but it's not getting juice and the breakers are good. I can't find my tester since we moved so may have to get a cheap one. My cordless drill battery has also about had it and ACE doesn't have one that fits. I think I'll try to catch up on some work until our game and worry about putting the portable AC's in storage tomorrow.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Can't finish the pump house today but the temps for the next week look good. Gonna have to pick up an outdoor GFCI outlet. I think this one is dead. I have an inline temp switch to turn on the lamps to provide heat but it's not getting juice and the breakers are good. I can't find my tester since we moved so may have to get a cheap one. My cordless drill battery has also about had it and ACE doesn't have one that fits. I think I'll try to catch up on some work until our game and worry about putting the portable AC's in storage tomorrow.
I'm on my second Santronics in 35 years. It's saved my life several times. I don't think the GFCI comes in indoor and outdoor. I've always just installed outdoor in a wet location cover. I have one which has given up the ghost after 30 years or so. They get old and fatigue.

AMAZON

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
PS: I'm sure you're aware that you can install that CFI "upstream" from the outlet in the pump house, between there and the entrance panel and it'll protect the pump house. I've had to do that a couple of times when the outdoor location was so wet that the outlet constantly tripped even when installed in a weatherproof cover...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Pulled pork BBQ downed and like a baby with a full belly, I’m gonna have a short nap so I’ll be ready for the game.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
PS: I'm sure you're aware that you can install that CFI "upstream" from the outlet in the pump house, between there and the entrance panel and it'll protect the pump house. I've had to do that a couple of times when the outdoor location was so wet that the outlet constantly tripped even when installed in a weatherproof cover...
You never know what you will learn here on tidefans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Yeah, it just seems that the trip button won't reset at all but the outlet itself is dead. Since I like living I treat every wire as live until I prove otherwise so I need my tester or a new one. Even a supposed neutral wire can have back-feed, so it's a good policy. There's a cover on the outlet so that's good. We don't get much rain but it will begin snowing soon enough. The house is well insulated so these lamps should do well. We had a couple of nights last winter of back to back -22 and -24 lows. That caused problems for a lot of folks. I need this fixed and the garage door motor installed before we get that cold.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, it just seems that the trip button won't reset at all but the outlet itself is dead. Since I like living I treat every wire as live until I prove otherwise so I need my tester or a new one. Even a supposed neutral wire can have back-feed, so it's a good policy. There's a cover on the outlet so that's good. We don't get much rain but it will begin snowing soon enough. The house is well insulated so these lamps should do well. We had a couple of nights last winter of back to back -22 and -24 lows. That caused problems for a lot of folks. I need this fixed and the garage door motor installed before we get that cold.
Not much doubt it's bad. I always used the tester on a known hot outlet before trusting it. If it's out in the weather, you might consider the "upstream" option and just put a regular outlet in the weather cover. And I always test both sides. Back around eight years or so ago, I had to upgrade our entire electrical system when a tree fell across our incoming line. With the two new mast heads and meters, came outside kill switches. Then the 2011 tornadoes came along and I had to use my generator and backfeed to the house. I don't have the automatic switch and don't intend to pay for one. Well, rather than use my two master switches in the house, I could use the outside switches - IF the outside switches also killed the common back to Huntsville Utilities. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get that simple answer, which was, in the end, "no." So, I had to kill inside to avoid backfeeding through the common to some poor lineman...

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Not much doubt it's bad. I always used the tester on a known hot outlet before trusting it. If it's out in the weather, you might consider the "upstream" option and just put a regular outlet in the weather cover. And I always test both sides. Back around eight years or so ago, I had to upgrade our entire electrical system when a tree fell across our incoming line. With the two new mast heads and meters, came outside kill switches. Then the 2011 tornadoes came along and I had to use my generator and backfeed to the house. I don't have the automatic switch and don't intend to pay for one. Well, rather than use my two master switches in the house, I could use the outside switches - IF the outside switches also killed the common back to Huntsville Utilities. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get that simple answer, which was, in the end, "no." So, I had to kill inside to avoid backfeeding through the common to some poor lineman...
I know 230kv_barehand and others appreciate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.