Game Thread: AU vs. LSU Game Thread...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: The barn takes the bus to death valley

So Auburn runs single wing and can pick-a-number...not good LSU.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Don't think you've got much to worry about today, Dub. LSU doesn't even look to be putting up a fight. Poor coaching.
Yep. Their Defense is just loafing around. They don't even want to play this game. AU is going slaughter them all afternoon.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I agree. I'm just dumbfounded by the regression of teams like LSU and Florda that (in my opinion) should recruit themselves. How can they be this bad?
I think people have bought into the lie that certain programs recruit themselves. Bama is not impervious to it either if we were to let it go far enough which we almost did in the early 2000's.

And programs like LSU have bought into this too. Claiming it is their birthright. That's just stupid thinking.

And now they're getting their just rewards.

I don't feel sorry for them.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

LSU is one of the worst coached teams to have this much raw talent that I've ever seen. And that defensive call on 3rd and 13 - bone headed. The boogs might hang 60 on them if they keep this up.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

The wildcat is as old as football. How can you, at this level, let it own you like this? AU dominated upfront playing fundamental football.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Probably won't even stick around for their 2007 NC Team with Les there too. Which is an absolute shame.

I wonder if they wish they had Les back.
I know I wouldn't, if I was an LSU fan. But I would be wishing my team hadn't conducted one of the most pathetic coaching searches of all time to find his replacement.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Got danged wildcat eating them up. I'm gobsmacked.
Be honest. You've watched LSU this year. You're not that surprised ;)

So, will the Ole Miss/LSU game be the biggest derp game of the year? We should make that winner play the winner of Mizzou and UT. It might end 0-0.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

LSU asked for this fall from the top....

They didn't fire Les when they should have.....Fired him when they shouldn't have....and didn't have ANY kind of plan to go after their next HC.... nor were they willing to pay top $$$ for the next guy.

THEN....they make the mistake of hiring OGRE because of the fan-base and now they can't fire him because of an INSANE buyout. The whole thing is just unbelievable.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I got into a heated debate about this with Krazy in another thread but I stand by my point. This is the least talented LSU team of the past decade. I don't think there's a single starter on the LSU offense or defense who would start during the Les Miles era. This is taking into account Guice and Key are not 100%. The players on the field are the least talented LSU team in a long time..
Not to take away any team that beats the tar out of them, but I definitely agree.

O is not the recruiter every one thought he was. Just a fraud. Though I am happy for him getting all that money from LSU.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I hope LSU plays this bad when we play them at home and that we can stop their run game if they are healthy by then. Should be a much different game than last year (we should win by a larger margin). I was hoping they'd beat Auburn but it won't happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.